Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Third Eye's Grid Lifter

East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
edited 12:21AM in EggHead Forum
Isn't it third eye who has a really nice grid lifter.

I just got the cast iron grate for my small and have one for my large. I have tried using the ash tool, but would like to get something less cumbersome.

Suggestions?

Greg
·

Comments

• Correct you are and a handy quality made tool it is.
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    works great well made i have had mine about 6 months and cannot imagine using the c/i grid with out it. a must have as far as i am concerned.
    bill
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Love mine.

GG
    ·
  • ILL--EGGERILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    I bought a couple of them for myself and my father in law and we both use them all the time.
    Here is a link: http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Feel like being a Guinea pig? Or maybe the first kid on the block to have something new? I'll send you an e-mail.....
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    That's no fair - what's ya got new out there Wayne???????

At quick glance, I don't see anything on the site over there.

Kent
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Well, it's not top secret or anything, but it's still in the testing mode. I can't say any more right now.

Something must have leaked out however because I noticed these guys doing runs over my workshop last week. :laugh:

DSC04845.jpg

DSC04782a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Thirdeyes Grid-Lifter makes removal of the cast iron grids real easy. I also use it to swap out tjv's grids as the normal grid lifter really does not work well with them.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
    ·
  • HagarHagar Posts: 8
    I had a piece of 1/2 inch flat steel stock and I put a 90 degree bend about1.5 inches from the end. It works great or is that grate?
    ·
  • HagarHagar Posts: 8
    I had a piece of 1/2 inch flat steel stock and I put a 90 degree bend about1.5 inches from the end. It works great or is that grate?
    ·
    No, not con trails.

Let me know when you get things to a point where they can be leaked out from behind those secret doors.

If you need any testing done, I am up for it.

In the mean time I am pretty happy with the ThirdHand.

Kent
    ·