Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken received rave reviews from neighbors!!

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some neighbors over for some chicken on the egg. Well, I probably should go out and buy a few lottery tickets. The reviews and comments seemed to go on for a while. I didn't really do anything that special, but they said it was the best chicken they had ever eaten.

The wife said it was good, but she didn't go crazy (but I cook for her three or four nights a week). In fact, she gave me enough of a hard time just for taking the picture, saying "I think he has more pictures of food that he does of our son".

The net of it all is that I took much of the credit, but did also sing the praises of the egg. Who knows, there may be an egg sale out of it ... Eggtober fest is only a few Looooong months away! :woohoo:

PC090016.jpg?t=1213567618

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Good lookin chx Damon, happy father's day! -RP
  • Smokey
    Hey, same to ya!! Enjoy today. I'm sure you deserve it! :laugh:

I'm just kickin back and relaxin thinking of the bragging right I have for a while!! My wife is handling all of the clean up. B);)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    You know, I thnk I've got more food pics, too. :blush:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    "I think he has more pictures of food that he does of our son".

Do you? :woohoo: Nice chicken.

Mike
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Good lookin eats there Damon.I see you broke out the fine china :silly: :lol: :woohoo: My son is helping me cook some salmon and stuff tonight.We are going to try the white bbq sauce on the salmon.I'm not sure,but should be good :woohoo: :);) Happy Fathers Day to you B)
  • Smokey
    Mike,

I could be guilty, but it really close!

Happy fathers day!
  • Smokey
    Good salmon is hard to beat! How are you making it?

My son was helping me for a while, but lost interest.

Hope you're having a great/dry day!!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Looks great and I love cooking for my silverhaired neighbors. With the hospital food they usually eat they are real easy to impress but they love it and I like to cook so its a win win situation. But it does feel good when someone say's it's the best they ever had.
    Happy Fathers Day
  • Smokey
    Well, as long as you spend time and love your son, I think you'll be fine.

I probably should be taking more pictures of him. I guess that something to work on (like I don't have enough faults)! I am just Lucky that my wife puts up with me!! :silly:
  • Smokey
    Thanks man! I'll take the credit whenever it's given!

The neighbor is a long time gasser and is only now starting to rethink his ways!

It may take one more cook to push him over the edge and off the fence!

A Happy Fathers Day to you too!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Happy Father's Day to ya Damon.

Looks like a good cook!
  • Smokey
    Thanks. Hope you're having a great day as well!
  • Great lookin chicken.. Did you make that sauce yourself or was that store bought. I never can get my sauce like that.
  • Smokey
    That was a home made one. There are a million recipes out on the web and I have not foud the perfect one yet.
  • Be careful of those neighbors who call you up and say they bought some steaks for YOU to grill up!! Once the secret is out of the egg, it is hard to put it back in. That is when you over cook the hell out of the steaks and leave the neighbors thinking you don't know what you are doing. Before you know it you and your wife are Egging in peace again!! :evil:
  • ChitownBBQ
    ChitownBBQ Posts: 72
    I marinated about 15 pounds of thighs, 1/3 in Myron's sezscwan(sp?) and 2/3 in horseradish-mustard & BBQ rub - simple stuff.

Got the egg real hot (500ish - was doing pizza 1st), put the chicken on & closed down all vents.

30 minutes later, it was down to just over 400 in the dome and I re-opened vents to keep it near there.

20 minutes later, put on the BBQ sauce (Anchor Bar's Honey Buffalo), crisped for 5-10.

One of my friends is a caterer and has called me at least once a week since then to ask more about that chicken. I think he's getting a BGE-XL with his next catering tip. He swears it was the best he'd ever had & he'd add some plum sauce to the spicy Chinese one and sell it for big bucks. Cut boneless thighs into strips with the horseradish/mustard-honey/buffalo and call them 'summer appetizers' - he's gonna pay for his egg quick..

Where's my commission?