Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day fun question

Buck i Nuts
Buck i Nuts Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
B) :laugh: Sitting here this morning thinking about Father's Day and what it means to be a Father ( I have a almost 14 yr old daughter :unsure: ) More importantly I was wondering from all my fellow Eggheads...what would be your ideal meal to cook on the Egg since none of us want to eat someone else's food at a restaurant :lol: I would love to hear what some of you think ! Again, Happy Father's Day to all !

Michael in Murfreesboro, TN GO BUCKEYES ! don't hate me for that !

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    ideal meal is what i am making tonight
    large martini
    tomoto and avacado and egg smoked bacon salad
    appetizer of alder planked wild caught fresh copper river salmon
    followed by a rare strip steak with sauteed mushrooms, red wine
    grilled asapragus
    eggged new potatoes with rosemary and olive oil
    congac and a cigar.

cheaper than $400 at mortons, better than mortons and i don't have to drive.
    bill
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Today will be 2 dozen wings for the neighbors and 1/2 a beef tenderloin with twice baked potatoes and AZRP spicey shrimp for the wife and I.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I'm doing one of my favorite cooks - ribs and beans.

I did burgers and hobo taters yesterday.

I agree with you about not wanting to eat anyone else's food, and especially what it means to be a father, and how to be the best one I can. Not an easy job, to be sure.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    I used to think brisket was my favorite egg meal, then I realized I like pork butt just as much, come to think of it...ribs and Trex'd steaks share the #1 spot too, along with chicken, meatloaf, salmon, ribs, pork loin, turkey, etc, etc ........ get the idea? They're all great, and they're all better than the restaurants.
  • :woohoo: That sounds really good ! Thanks for a very tasty response !
  • Thank you :blush::whistle::) I appreciate the great reply. This is what Eggin is all about
  • I get it...loud and clear ;) I am hopefully gettting a BBQ Guru in the next couple of weeks and I will be trying a Boston Butt for the second time (first on my own. Bente did the first one on my Egg a couple of months ago) And once I get the Butt figured out, I want to tackle a Brisket ! It will be fun trying !
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Bill don't go on like that because I'll get right to your place ASAP......THAT IS LIFE......All the best!!!!!!!!!!
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    martini's start at 5 eastern daylight time. ;)
  • Todays menu..
    Apps- Peaches and Basil wrapped in Pancetta with Balsamic blaze
    Lemon Garlic Herb Chickens (on the gasser spit, sorry)
    Ribs and Sweet potatoes on the Egg
    Roasted Beet salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
    A few JD and cokes
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Well.............a few hours ago got back from ...... literally a bachanal....... got to bed at 5:00 AM....so I'm just surfacing......Thank God I remembered to leave the maple planks soaking yesterday.......and took the pork loin out of the freezer.... preparing the marinade & sauce at the moment......will post some pics later on......if my pulse allows me to.. :laugh: :laugh: Happy fathers day to all my friends on the forum!!!!!!!! ;)
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Got a butt on right now. Started at 3am, using the guru. Doesn't get much better.
    happy eggin
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    My ideal meal would be:

Bacon-wrapped scallops
    Spicy and teriyaki shrimp on skewers
    Prime rib with horseradish sauce
    Twice-baked potatoes
    A really good cheesecake from Hank's (here in STL)

Instead, we're just eating leftover pork loin - Portabello/pepper:
    DSC01118.jpg

Lemon/pepper:
    DSC01120.jpg

And potato/asparagus/pepper salad:
    DSC01116.jpg
  • Wow, what a night/day! Not sure what a Bachanal is, so I don't feel too bright right now. I will look forward to seeing those photos of the days cooking ! There is nothing better than a great meal on the Egg ! Thanks for the post
  • AWESOME :woohoo: Those are great photos of some truely delicious food ! You will have fellow Eggers going crazy that's for sure ;) Thanks for the pix and response !
  • :laugh: Man does that look good. Great picture. I need to post some of my stuff but not sure how to just yet. I just signed with Photobucket so hopefully I can attempt to come up with some decent pictures. Yours look good enough to eat right off the screen ! Thanks for the input to my question. Happy Father's Day !