Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NOT What You Like to See!! :-(

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was shutting down from cooking some wings last night and was closing the damper on my digiQ blower when this happened...
Ugh.jpg
NOT what you like to see!!...nothing that couldn be fixed with the ol leatherman pliers..but I fear I have created a weak point now and it will bend again....did seem somewhat stiff after I got it straightened up...any suggestions for maintaining the slide damper on the blower so that it doesnt stick so bad??...

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Interesting. I have had my Guru for a year and have used it about 10 times. So far I do not sense any change in the effort to adjust the damper. I did lubricate the O ring and the inside of the damper.

I hope we hear some ideas on this.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    with my guru i have used crisco on the seal between the fan and mounting door.. i would try that on your damper...if it works let me know if it does not then keep it under your hat ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Buck i Nuts
    Options
    :blush::sick: That hurts....I do not have any words of wisdom....only condolances and hopes it will hold up and you won't have to spend that Father's Day cash on a new one !
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The dampers on all my blowers operate smoothly and relatively easily. If yours is so hard to operate that you could bend the handle, there is something wrong. I'd call the Guru folks....
    The Naked Whiz
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    If that was a 4 cfm fan, I would just leave it bent as it is in the open position. I leave my fan in the adapter all the time and remove the whole assembly when shutting down. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Dang I hate that. Mine slides free with no problem. That had to be stiff to bend it like that. I think I would call Guru also. See if damper can be replaced. Any one heard word on how Fred is doing of late?
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    :) That's the ultimate disclosure! Great response.... When I grow up, I want one ! :lol: hopefully soon ! Happy Father's Day Terry !
  • Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    Hmm mine is very stiff also. Think I will put some moly powder on it.

Spacey