Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the board

OpusXcellent
OpusXcellent Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone, my name is Matt I live in Seattle I am a new member to the board, I been looking for a while and really enjoyed what I have been reading I am getting my first egg, its going to be a large, on friday or saturday I am pretty stoked as I am coming over from being a weber guy (as theres nothing wrong with weber the egg will just make a lot of things more easy). I love looking @ your guys pics (of food) and hoping that i will put a few mouth watering ones on this board myself. After reading your guys love for Royal Oak lump coal, I kinda went went a little overboard and bought 12 bags of the stuff well I guess I am set for the summer, happy grill to y,all and see u around

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Welcome aboard, Matt. Smart move, your stocking up on RO. Bet it's gone before the summer's over though.

Most folks in here transitioned over from Webers. Never met an egger who was sorry they did. And they all seem to have a healthy respect for them, as well.

Let us hear about some of your cooks. Take lots of pictures and post frequently. This place is incredibly loaded with good folks who love to help--and just love to hear about and see pix of egged food.

Do you plan to build a table, or use a nest?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I'm guessing from the forum handle that you are a cigar guy. B)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to your photos.
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Or a fine wine guy! Welcome.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I bought 12 bags a couple days ago when I heard the rumors about Walmart not carrying it anymore. -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Welcome Matt,, Wife's brother lives in Seattle but still doesn't own an egg so for your first cook toss an onion on the coals and most of the city will smell it. :P . As for the RO don't worry it will get used. While the egg is a miser when it comes to lump you'll find your cooking a lot more. There's a lot of great smokers and grills out there but think the egg is the most versatile and your experience with the weber will only help. One word of advice is the egg holds the temp better and peeking will have you chasing the temp so just trust it. Think that is the biggest difference and part of the learning curve. Enjoy and post pics.
  • Fidel
    The X is what is giving me the cigar lean.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    If there were two X's. Could it be that he's a beer afficionado? Are you riding in this heat?
  • Fidel
    Of course I'm riding in this heat.

You?