Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many have you added to the cult?

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, so I've only been a member of the BGE "cult" since Christmas when my bride surprised me with one. In March, we had some friends come down and visit from the Memphis area, our previous home. Of course, I cooked a meal on the egg that turned out great, and my buddy was very interested.

I got a call from the same friend this past week, and his wife surprised him with a Large! He was really excited, and I was excited for him as my first convert!

So, it made me wonder - how many of the "uninitiated" have you directly influenced to join in the fun, smoke and pork fat?

Comments

• Firestarter21
    Options
    Lets see,
    My brother in law is getting one for his birthday, my dad is getting one for his birthday/christmas, giving grandfather in law one for fathers day, and many friends are hoping to get one in the next year. Eggtober fest is going to book up fast this year. I just found out that the Fest in Atlanta will be the same day as the Fundamental Engineers exam, looks like the exam will just have to wait till spring!!!
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    My nephew and two co-workers. Thats 3. I talked a pool supply down the street to become a dealer.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I have helped sell at least 20 for my dealer but being in the pool business he sends me about $200 K a year in remodel work so I don't mind paying extra for the lump. He also gave me the extra feet I just sent out. Nothing better than having a dealer you can work with.
  • WileECoyote
    WileECoyote Posts: 516
    Options
    In the past 4 months I have enticed 3 people to buy eggs and a 4th person is currently shopping for one. 2 more people are considering it but not convinced yet. I imagine it will be about 10 for the first year then taper off a bit as I share less of my food... ;)
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    :laugh: Working on my first convert......does it count if I am a convert from someone on the forum? :lol: :woohoo: I keep preaching the good word. Sounds like you have a great wife to surprise you with a new Egg ! Great question...can't wait read some of the posts. Thanks !
  • CaptGrumpy
    CaptGrumpy Posts: 58
    Options
    Let's just say that I am a drug dealer and Big Green Eggs are my junk to sell to the kiddies!!! :evil:
    I am converting a few here and there as I get them hooked on my barbequed meats and then they need to know how to produce the drug for them selves. Then their wives give me that disapproving look of disgust as we get together and talk drugs while we huddle around the egg and I teach them just a little more. :whistle:
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    I have somehow convinced my little bro and older sister that BGE is the bomb. :whistle: A guy a my work has also bought one and prior to buying it he was green with envy

Who doesn't love these fantastic pcs of geen joy?
  • Trailblazer1229
    Options
    Are you in Charlottesvill, VA? My sister lives there and said her pool place has them. I thought it a little strange. Oh, I need a pool, let me see the......what the heck is this? A grill? OK, throw one of those in too.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    5 people own an egg because i do!!!! only one has spoken on the forum... but i think i will get another before eggtoberfest :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb