Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend At Last

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i don't know about the rest of you but i am glad the weekend fianlly got here..... i have been busier than a one legged man at a but kicking contest... and since i have not had time i have not been able to publicly thank any one for my the things the mailman keeps opn bringing by the house....

all of this started months ago.. my dog had gotten ahold of my LR egg handles

DSCN0259.jpg

well i spoke to the lawn ranger and he told me to ship them back to him.. i then told him i wanted to keep the teeth marks in the handle.. here is what i got in the mail on thursday...

2008-06-13012.jpg
what a diffrence!!!!

i also sent him the handle to my large.. the dog did not get it as bad as she got the small
2008-06-13010.jpg

BTW the way to break your dog of chewing on your lawn ranger handles is to spray them with pam and sprinkle cayanne pepper on them.... at least that worked for mine ;)

so while LR sent those back to me in less than a week he also sent me his church inspired tool..

2008-06-13011.jpg

it works great as a lump stirrer/rig lifter of course i have not figured out all of the uses... but with my lawn ranger grid lifter and his church inspired tool it will lift my adjustable rig right out of my way.. i will figure out more uses as time goes on..... but while the mailman dropped that of the fed ex guy dropped off my Fathers day/ christmas present...
2008-06-13009.jpg

"The soft glow of electric sex"

i had gotten a 2 ft model for christmas years ago and have always wanted a larger one so leah found them on sale so she ordered me one.. so now i have two of the ugliest lamps on the planet. but come christmas time it will look a little more normal... so i reboxed the new one and put it in the attic for a few more months...

so that was thursday.. on wednesday the ups guy stopped by and dropped off a few things from Big'Un.. see we went to his anniversary party a month or so age and my son left his bathing suit. so todd sent then back to us with a few home baked goodies (which were eaten before i got the chance to taste :( ).. also in the box was a set of cooking tools for my son.. which was totally unexpected.. so maybe now he will accompany me to the egg more often... at least that is the hope i have...

ok i know alot to get off a man's chest this early in the morning but it had to be done... so thanks mike the handles are once again beautiful... also thanks todd wife liked the cookies so did daniel they tell me they were good :pinch: anbd daniel and i will have to get together and cook something... if he ever slows down enough to ;)

now it is off to publix to make hog apple beans B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    Oh yeah ... always look forward to the weekend. Love those handles although not sure about the lamp!

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Careful with that Terry, you can put your eye out with that thing. -RP
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    WELL WELL WELL, You have been busy. LOL and getting nice stuff. I'am jealous. re. your boston... Does he/ she have an ocassion to become smelly after eating doggie treats and or food?? Miss your posts and info SLACK OFF on the work. You need time to egg and spend the $$$$$ you earn. Cook well and enjoy dads day. Miles out.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Bente.....I would be very interested to find out exactly what segment of the lamp market buys those legs :laugh: :laugh: ..and see what other type of goodies they buy... :blush::blush:..... probably sex shop stuff???? :silly: :silly: a real conversation piece it must be......probably you could get more "parts"in the future and build your perfect "chick".. :P ...make sure to keep posting on the subject......great looking handles.....have a good week end ;)
  • MeatosBanditos
    Options
    Just curious about where your wife got the lamp from? I'd consider ordering one for my parents. That movie has been a family favorite my whole life (yes, I was born in the 80's).

Thanks,
    John
  • BENTE
    Options
    i think she got it here
    http://www.redriderleglamps.com/

and i was born in the 70's ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks beli
    my wife knows how much i like christmas story and how often people have commented on the smaller one ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    wish i could slack off on the work i am up to 4 days a week now... go to charleston every friday 6 1/2 hours in a car :angry:
    http://www.charlestonautoauction.net/

and yes the boston can fart like no one's business... :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    lol :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea the lamp has to kind of grow on you

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    That is one nice (classy ... no) lamp!! I may have to order one!

Smokey
  • BENTE
    Options
    where did you put the camera to take the photo of me at my keyboard :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Fra-gee-lay. Hmmm, must be French.

Yeah, I've been having some busy weeks this year in a new job at my company, and I'm with you on the weekend jubilation. I'm doing some relaxing today then Father's Day festivities tomorrow. Then in a couple weeks I'll be taking my first vacation days of the year. Woohoo!

Cornfed
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You going to Charleston this week TB? I will be there Monday through Thursday.

Let me know, I'll treat ya to lunch, dinner, drinks, whatever. Just no eggs with me :(
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You'll put your eye out kid

christmas_story_ralphie.jpg
  • BENTE
    Options
    yep i will be there on friday :( so i will miss you... pretty funny exchange between you and Buck I Nuts yesterday :cheer:

however midnight smoker lives in charleston

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    vacation days???? what the heck is that :whistle:

yea i work for myself so no paid holidays :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    You're more than welcome, my friend! I'm looking forward to seeing yall again soon.
  • BENTE
    Options
    we are looking forward to it also

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb