Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prayers to Tim Russerts family

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How sad at this young of age he left us, I always had the utmost respect for his ability to ask the hard questions that no one else would ask. -RP

Comments

• Spoofer
    Spoofer Posts: 31
    Sadly, there is no other who comes remotely close to the integrity that man possessed. Not many, let alone news reporters/analysts/correspondents, have audiences with the pope. He will truly be sorely missed.
  • He was the best at what he did. He will be missed.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    I loved watching him host Meet The Press every Sunday morning.

How will NBC ever run election coverage without him?

Prayers to his family and coworkers.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    I enjoyed watching his interviews and reports.

He worte a great book that "Wisdom of Our Fathers" that taught me some great lessons about being a better "dad" and "husband"!
    51GSeenn8UL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Smokey
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Sunday mornings will not be the same.Tim will really be missed.
    Larry
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    It was most certainly shocking news. I was watching yesterday afternoon as Tom Brokaw broke in to the US Open coverage to make the announcement. I have never seen Brokaw so shaken.

He was a true journalist, and this election season will have a different tone without him.

Rest in Peace.
  • he was the best ... and the local news here was just inundated wiht stories about him. ..even though he was a national news guys, the building he worked in shared space wiht the local nbc affiliate so they were all telling stories about him last night and what a regular guy he was, how he always had a smile on his face and funny story to tell, how he was always at local sporting and charity events, etc. ..

he will truly be missed. . .
  • Though I didn't get to know him personally, I worked as an archivist and editor for the New York bureau for four years. He was the most respected political journalist around, but he wasn't the kind of guy anyone ever feared or worried about, because he was too much of a nice, regular guy. That's why he could be so tough with guests and still be empathetic and likable. He encouraged everybody, and a compliment from him meant more than anything to people. He was the soul of that organization, and I have no idea how they're going to get along without him.

I remember someone who got to go to his parties saying that he always worked the grill.
  • Truly a sad day...

He did alot for our hometown of Buffalo NY.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I feel especially for his dad, Big Russ. As Theoden said in LotR, "No parent should have to bury their child." :(

He was a good journalist who never hesitated to ask the tough questions of anyone. RIP, Tim. Say hello to Pay Moynihan for me, and have a Bushmill's or two.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I remember someone who got to go to his parties saying that he always worked the grill.

You know, he looks like a BBQ guy now that you mention it. Another reason to like him.