Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wrap and cooler, or reheat??

CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 21
edited 5:12PM in EggHead Forum
Have a church picnic at 12 noon on Sunday. I'll be leaving home at 8AM. Should I make my Butts the day before and reheat at the party (there's an oven) or have them be ready at 8AM and wrap them and blanket them in a cooler for the 4 hours? I'm kinda hardcore, so cooking them overnight is fine by me.
·

Comments

• TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    If cooking over night is not a problem for you, I'd do that. Wrap them in the cooler and insulate it well.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    4 hours in the cooler is fine but getting them done at 8:00 am is the hard part. Butts seem to have a mind of their own but still very forgiving.
    ·
  • ScottScott Posts: 28
    You should have no problem holding them for 4 hours in a cooler.
    I typically wrap in plastic wrap and then in a heavy towel. They are still hot when I go to pull them.
    ·
  • I agree, I won't inject so I don't really have to worry about the 4 hour rule. It will take a while to come down to 160 anyway. I've done it before and no one got sick :)
    ·