Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wrap and cooler, or reheat??

CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 21
edited 6:58PM in EggHead Forum
Have a church picnic at 12 noon on Sunday. I'll be leaving home at 8AM. Should I make my Butts the day before and reheat at the party (there's an oven) or have them be ready at 8AM and wrap them and blanket them in a cooler for the 4 hours? I'm kinda hardcore, so cooking them overnight is fine by me.

Comments

• TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    If cooking over night is not a problem for you, I'd do that. Wrap them in the cooler and insulate it well.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    4 hours in the cooler is fine but getting them done at 8:00 am is the hard part. Butts seem to have a mind of their own but still very forgiving.
  • ScottScott Posts: 28
    You should have no problem holding them for 4 hours in a cooler.
    I typically wrap in plastic wrap and then in a heavy towel. They are still hot when I go to pull them.
  • I agree, I won't inject so I don't really have to worry about the 4 hour rule. It will take a while to come down to 160 anyway. I've done it before and no one got sick :)