Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am in love with a Buffalo Turd

Options
Boccie
Boccie Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
AtomicTurdsongrill.jpg
<p />Ha Ha, just like the title says, these things are great![p]I used 2 lbs of fresh jalapenos (about 30 count 2-3 inch), 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, 2 packs bacon... and I pulled a 2 pound pork roast (hickory smoked) I prepared last night for this. I ended up using about 2/3 of it on the turds.[p]On the grill for about 30 minutes around 325-350deg. Also smoked the turds with a small amount of maple wood.[p]I used a raised grid since I have a tendancy to flame food on the lower grid LOL[p]These are just great! They will go over real well at the picnic this evening I am attending. Yumm!

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Boccie,[p]Looking good. I wish I could just reach out and grab one. :)[p]rays
  • Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Options
    Boccie,
    Your set up looks great!Is that a detachable handle and what did they call it.

• Boccie
    Options
    Jim R,[p]Brinkman makes that pan. The handle doesnt detach, just folds over real nice. Jobu had one simular while doing his sausages at the eggfest in Maryland. We liked it so well, we went out to the local WalMart that evening and saw that in the camping section (only about $7 !). It has worked great for things like that.
  • Boccie
    Options
    rays,[p]Well, they ended up being fantastic! There were none left of the 60 I made for the picnic... even had some request for the recipe LOL[p]It was a treat to see peoples eyes light up when they first bit into it realizing how good they were. The name made some pause before biting though... LOL... Buffalo Turds heh heh
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Boccie,
    Would you send me the recipe for this, and cooking directions; they look good, and with a cold brew, they will be even better!
    Thanks

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Hammer,We just did the little Atomic droppings and they are fabulous. Everyone who tried them wanted more! There appear to be several variations. We took the hot peppers, cut off the stem end, then sliced in half, longways the pepper and removed the seeds and pulp inside. Next, we spooned in cream cheese and cooked meat[anything you want] and wrapped the two halves of pepper together with bacon pinned with a toothpick. Some variations just wrap a half pepper with bacon. Put the uncooked items in a pan in the BGE for 30 mins. at 350 degrees. They will burn on the bottom if not turned over after 15 mins.We love Humpty !!

• Boccie
    Options
    tn slagamater,[p]Yes, thats basically how I did mine. Except I used the halves and wrapped those, didnt put them back together.[p]I also used the raised grid to prevent the burning, I did not move them around once they were on.[p]I also sprayed some pam on the grill pan I used to help from sticking.[p]If anyone thinks they look good, just try them... you wont regret it!
  • Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Options
    Boccie,
    Thanks

• BarbieQ
    BarbieQ Posts: 41
    Options
    Boccie,
    We tried the ABTs last night and ours were heavy to say the least. All we had was thick sliced bacon, and it was just too much. We'll try them again and use less of the thin sliced stuff. Disappointing, but that's how we learn--yours look fantastic!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Boccie, you know that name has caused me a lot of consternation. But looking at yours has caused me to think of a new GP name - Atomic Buffalo Turtles. I think I will change the name to that. Looks like a little turtle inside its bright green shell. : )