Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corned Beef???

Options
BillyV
BillyV Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everybody,
I'm pretty sure that I've see reference to Corned Beef on this fine forum before, but a check of the archives was fruitless. Has anyone Egged one before. Sure would appreciate some input.[p]Many thanks,
Bill

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BillyV,[p]Corned beef is GREAT on the Egg!. I usually season it over night with alot of spices (kinda a cajun thing)![p]As far as cooking, I do it indirect (use fire bricks) someware around 200* to 250* for any ware from 6 to 8 hours dependng upon size. I use a polder and go for around an internal temp of 165* to 170*.[p]The beef will shrink ALOT but is great! Wood chips or chunks help flavor![p]Smokey

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    BillyV,
    I did one Wednesday for dinner tonight. We are gona have Ruben sandmiches, with homemade Rye bread, saurkraut and da whole works! (no green beer though!) I did mine in a shallow roasting pan, indirect with water and the spice seasoning package in the water, lightly cover with aluminum foil. I cooked it at 225 (dome temp)for about 31/2 hrs. until it was fork tender, with medium smoke from hickory. I'm getting ready to slice it and get everything else ready for celebratin' da green! (r'member Kremit-the -Frog said "It ain't easy being green"! Ya gotta believe him!)[p]Anyway, I'll let you know how it turned out, about 7 or 7:30 tonight![p]Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help![p]Dr. Chicken

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    BillyV,
    The cornedbeef brisket turned out fantastic! It had just a hint of smoke flavor. I didn't really care, since we made Ruben sandmiches out of it. I sliced it really thin with a meat slicer and then heated it back up, real slow in the oven. That may be why so little smoke flavor. [p]I will definitly try this again, and some variations! Again, sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Good luck![p]Dr. Chicken