Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Royal Oak Update

Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had been told that RO was no longer available from the local Walmart managers.

I also decided to call RO myself and talked with the sales rep for our area. I was also given the name of the Walmart contact who deals with RO.

Info from Walmart corporate person was not real helpful but I was told he would check and call back. Evidently RO is ordered by the store department manager and RO is not stocked in Distribution Centers at all, stores have to order it for their specific location. Some stores are authorized to order RO and some stores are not authorised (by Walmart corporate).

If a Walmart had RO previously it most likely can still order it.

Therefore, information I got from the local Walmart manager(s), 3 of them in 3 different stores was incorrect.

RO is packaged for BGE and others. There are other color bags of RO other than green & red. RO also packages under the Kroger name. I began to ask more questions about other private labeling packages and at that the RO contact began to direct the conversation in a different direction.

Also, Kroger brand is also RO.

I am unable to locate any at WM but I have found a few bags at several Kroger owned stores out here.

I aske if there was nay problems with RO production and that was not confirmed or denied. However, it didn't sound like there were problems from the RO end of things

So my search continues...

GG

Comments