Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shotgun Fred

Options
RajunCajun
RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning to all,

I have not been here in a while but recall hearing that Shotgun Fred had a stroke. How is he doing?

RajunCajun
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    I spoke to Bob (BBQBob) last week. He said Fred is doing well and slowly getting back to the office a loittle. He made it sound like there were no long term issues, and that he was in need of getting his life back to normal, but slowly, with less stress and more fun!! :lol:

Fred, if you have time to read the forum, BEST WISHES FOR YOUR RETURN AND BE WELL!

Smokey
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Thanks Smokey...glad to hear that he is doing well. Fred is such a great guy to deal with.

RajunCajun
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    I spent about 3 hours with him on Wednesday. He is making great progress. It has been two months since the stroke and he is finally home. He has a PT come to his house for 1 hour, 3 times a week. He is walking around with a cain and trying to lead a stress free lifestyle. I think Fred is going to spend the summer at his shore house enjoying the sites and sounds the the lagoon has to offer. We have a great team here at The BBQ Guru running the show for him and keeping him up to date on all of the prayers and good vibes from all of you.
    Thanks,
    BBQ Bob Trudnak
    The BBQ Guru
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    I think the D.C. Battle would be a very stress free situation for Fred.

I'm just kidding but it would be great to see you guys again.

Wish him continued success from all of us here at BGE.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for the update, Bob--pls let Shotgun know that he's in our prayers, and that we're hoping for a speedy and full recovery!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Hmmm!!! Shore House??? Lagoon!!?? Sounds like an Eggfest waiting to happen, LOL! At the very least, a party!!! :-) Tell Fred we love him and missed him dearly at Waldorf. Here's to continued successful recovery.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Uncle Phil
    Uncle Phil Posts: 669
    Options
    That is great news about Fred. He is one of my favorite folks in general and has always been most helpful to me. I am very pleased with his progress and look forward to speaking with him soon.

Uncle Phil