Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs by the Bay - here we come!

Options
AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hotel just reserved (very nice people by the way), plane tickets purchased.....rental car & whatnot all done... we are set!

Our oldest isn't going to make it due to work, but Brent, me & two of our kids & my cousin (hopefully) will be there!

Anybody else coming??

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Fantastic!!! This will be my third Eggs-by-the-Bay. Smitty runs a class fest and it is in a great setting.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I'm glad you're going because we decided to invest our air-fare money in a wildcat oilwell venture in our back .040.

If we hit oil we'll be able to afford good things, like grits, beans and dead varmints for dinner. If it's a dry hole, we eat bushes.

Maybe next year.

Spring "The Most Potent Weapon Of Mass Destruction Is Foreign Oil" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Options
    EVERYBODY

"Oil, oil, oil, oil oil" :woohoo:

Moved out of the Bay area two years ago, had my Egg a year..Argh! Checked out the weekend a few weeks ago and the better half has trumpted me. Going to try and make the NW Egg-Fest in Sept.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Wish I could make it to meet you and Brent. My daughter finished off her first year of school and trying to figure out what she wants to do. Out of everyone she has sought advise from, Brent is by far at the top of the list. We talked about this last week.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    M,

Shoot me an email with all your names so I can get name tags ready for you and your party.

Email me throught the website- eggsbythebay.com

We'll be an even better Fest with you guys around.

Just finished getting one of the best Pitmasters in the SF Bay Area to come and cater Friday's Meet & Greet. This will happen right inside the Eggfest Hotel, which is located in a nice little shopping/eating area called Rivermark Plaza.

rivermark2008.png

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    Glad to hear you and your family are going to make it I hope y'all have a great time. I'm out in AZ. so doubt I will but would have love to come meet you and yours as well as all the Egger's I only know through the forum.

Oh, nice picture on your profile page, I had to laugh when I saw it. Hope all is well with you.

Regards,
    Bordello

May you have a safe trip

Damn, if I did it right it looks like about 51 degrees there. It's 96 here at 5:50 p.m. I have a ceiling fan on but have yet to turn on the A.C. although it is warm. :S
  • ChefBrian
    ChefBrian Posts: 172
    Options
    My brother Mike and I are coming down from Grass Valley the CA Foothills. Our first Eggfest and we are cooking. We will be staying at the recommended hotel. Little brother is hauling home an egg as well. He just left my place after spending an hour telling me how he is going to build egg table.
  • Bordello
    Options
    LOL
    I have an aunt & uncle in the Alta Vista area that I visit if I'm in Ca. and it's summer time. They have been there for about 20 years of so. Beautiful country but not hot enough for me.

Hope you have a great time at the fest.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Since you are in the phoenix metro area, how about riling the PHX Eggheads into having a PHX Eggfest? -RP
  • Bordello
    Options
    That's a heck of an idea but I'm no leader. LOL
    I also suffer from social anxiety so don't do well at large groups of people unless I self medicate and that is not always a good thing.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I would do it if I knew who the Egg dealers were there. -RP
  • Bordello
    Options
    I would be more then willing to try and help hook you up. Tell me what you think you need contact wise and I will see what I can do.

I kind of know one manager that I bought my first LG. Egg from about 5 years ago. I bumped into him running a new store they opened and he may be a place to start.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    I should have mentioned it's a BBQ Galores store but you probably guessed that. :unsure:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    Well he's always available by phone or email - she can contact him any time. Hopefully we will make it to Atlanta this year and maybe then she can meet him.

she can see what a dork he can be B)
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    I just sent my registration in yesterday - I put the names on that but I will email them to you later.
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    I think it got up to 52 earlier today!! downright balmy

Hopefully we will get to meet at one of these 'fests one of these days! :)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Now I am going to feel really bad about not being able to make it this year..

I really need to win the lottery..
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Your registration will work...thanks.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Bordello
    Options
    Thanks Melissa,
    Gee, you had a heat wave. :cheer:
    Please have a safe flight and lots of fun with your family.

Maybe one day we can all meet. I just glad to see you're still joining in.

Be safe,
    Bordello
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    What? You aren't going to be there?? booooo!! :(
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    If I win big this week-end I may be able to convince the better half to let me go..

Here's hoping I win big!!
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    OK - crossing our fingers here....
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    M,

I meant to tell you earlier, we have a rather large group of Bay Area Fishermen (Coastside Fishing Club)that now own BGE's out here. They are coming out and cooking as a group at this year's Eggfest as well.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA