Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoked eggs ???

Options
RayS
RayS Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A while back there was a posting for smoked eggs. At the time I just purchased my BGE. Has anyone tried smoked eggs? Are there any recipes?
What is the smoke temp, time, type of wood? Any assistance would be appreciated.[p]thanks
rays

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    rays,[p]Is this what you're looking for?[p]WD
    [ul][li]Reg's Smoked Deviled Eggs[/ul]
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    eggs.jpg
    <p />rays,[p]I have smoked eggs about 7 times and they are very good. I do mine on a foil covered plate setter. Low as you can gt temp for about 1 1/2 hours (less time is ok). Give them a try, they are very good.[p]Chuck <><

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Chuck,
    Looks like you're getting ready for easter. ÜÜÜ
    New Bob

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Chuck,
    Are those just plain, boiled, shelled eggs? Do you season them with anything? And how long do you smoke them? This looks like a great way to do eggs.....thanks for the visual.

• Chuck
    Options
    Gloria,[p]Yes, they are boiled, shelled eggs. Three are seasoned with rub (your choice) and chopped up into the filling with the yolks of the others. I then add mayo, vinegar, worchester and a little mustard. I smoke them with a combination of cherry and orange wood for 1 1/2 hours or less at as low as you can get. I usually rinse them off after smoking them they end up looking like brown eggs when you are done, not bad looking. I think I have a pic at home of after smoke, I'll post it tonight if you are interested. [p]Have a great day!![p]Chuck <><

• Gloria
    Options
    Chuck,
    I would love the photos. Have you ever eaten one of the eggs whole, just smoked? Bet they would be good with a cold beer?????

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Gloria,[p]I did just that. I smoked eggs tonight for the first time. I followed the posted directions. The only thing I did differant was I only smoked for an hour. I was short of time, but they turned out pretty good with salt pepper and yes, a cold beer. For the price of a dozen eggs, its well worth a try.[p]rays
  • Gloria
    Options
    rays,
    Thanky, thanky, thanky!!!!! Can't wait to try them.

• Chuck
    Options
    Gloria,[p]Sounds like a good idea and looks like Rays has had success with it. I'll get the other pic to you, sorry I didn't get to it last noght.[p]Chuck <><
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    I have a friend that was going to try this but he made it sound like you just put a whole egg (shell and raw).....hahaha I gotta see how he's going to do this.  hahaha
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    Options
    Did you just bring a post back from 12 years ago?  Well played.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Did you just bring a post back from 12 years ago?  Well played.

Not being a smart *ss, but this thread plus any older than 3 years ago came from the original "Greeneggers" forum which is still in existence and popular with us older eggers. It was started over 20 years ago as a forum made up of interested egg owners and was independent of BGE corporate. The archives such as what you accessed are just a micro-dot of the eggers, and eggperiences shared years before this forum came to life.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    Options
    Not saying it's bad. Just surprised to see one with that date.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Not saying it's bad. Just surprised to see one with that date.
    I never said you said it was bad! I was just trying to explain that the  greeneggers forum existed long LONG before this corporate one came on the scene 2 or 3 years ago.
    Here's a link...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.