Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jim in Belleville's Rib Technique

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Still haven't tried this, but as it is very innovative, I thought I would track it down and post the link. Looking thru last August archives was a lot of fun. Makes me realize how valuable those archives really are.[p]Anyway, this post was from Jim in Belleville, and I have not tried it, or heard of anyone else trying it. I like the whole idea of not getting hung up on the "purist" barbecue mentality though, and welcome these kinds of ideas. Just do what works and share!![p]Check out the thread, and while your at it, that whole month is interesting.[p]Happy envelope pushing
NB

[ul][li]Innovative Rib Technique[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks for posting the retro-thread. Another point to note in this thread is that my response was one of my usual ramblings on some topic that is loosely related to the original post. If I don't know enough to respond intelligently about the cooking technique, I at least try and provide some atmosphere![p]I'm doing a lot of reading and as much experimenting as possible, though, so soon I'll be able to post some good recipes on burgers, turkeys, and some tasty (non-Egged, unfortunately) desserts. Also, at E2K, in addition to providing atmosphere, ST and I will be bringing some atmos-beer.[p]I know, I know, that was really lame...[p]Another atmospheric post,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    Yeah it is fun looking back thru and seeing what we said many moons ago. Atmos-beer. I like it.[p]I guess my memory was wrong, as the responses to Jim in Belleville's post were overall positive. Damn memory. Gettin' old.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,[p]I like the idea of a day in the fridge with the rub...I don't especially like the steam...I've had some bad results with "rancid fat" taste. [p]Definatly contraversial though as advised.