Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gassers

Options
JWhirlwind
JWhirlwind Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

How many of you are still using your gasser from time to time. Be honest now.

MC Jerry

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Use mine every day to hold my collection of dutch ovens and other stuff.

Spring "Got Gas" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I AM
    NOT :woohoo: I got rid of mine shortly after buying my first egg in June 2004.Never used it again :woohoo:

005-6.jpg

I think I could use another egg though :silly: :laugh: :woohoo:
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    One time in almost 2 years of Egg ownership.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I have a Tailgate Holland at one of the washes, I use it about once a month to reheat.

Happy now????????????? :)

Mike
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Sold a $3200 gasser for $600. Have an old webber for storage but haven't fired up for 4-5 years. I am guilty of firing the kettle 2-3 times a year but thats just a trip down memory lane.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I use mine EGGACTLY once a week..we have a traditional family breakfast of country sausage, homemade biscuits and sawmill gravy, fried eggs every saturday morning...I use the gasser still for that since I have a griddle large enough to handle all the eggs..
    The rest of the time, my gasser is used to keep my eggcessories outta site and outta mind ;)
    7da3f375.jpg
    And THAT's the str8 poop! :blink:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    JWhirlwind wrote:

How many of you are still using your gasser from time to time. Be honest now.

MC Jerry

my $700 broilking went to the curb the week i brought home my first egg. i do not own a gasser. i do have a stainle$$ gla$$ cook top double oven range that is a pain in the a$$ to clean. i use to to boil water in the winter. sometimes i eat out... mainly japanese.
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    After getting my first egg I never usued any of my other grills and have since gave them away to go to other homes. I have heard reports that the old smoker is still being usued to this day. John
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Mine has become dirt dobber condos!
  • Unknown
    Options
    We have not used the gas grill a single time since purchasing our first egg. We tell ourselves we might need it for something, someday...but we can't figure out what that thing might be....
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    So watts the recipe for Sawmill Gravy?
    Ross
  • Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Options
    After one year of egg ownership, I gave away two Weber kettles and my stainless steel Weber gasser.

I held onto them in case I needed the grill space for large parties. After hosting several without needing the extra grills, I gave them away to save space in the garage.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    With the price of petrol. skyrocketing.......one must be mad to use Gas..... :blink:
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    dude..been making it so long I dunno if I can write it down..I don't have any measurements.. it's all eyeballed...I will try to do that real soon though if you're interested...nothing like it on fresh biscuits...use sausage grease, sausage, flour, butter, milk, and a lotta stirring, but I've never measured the ingredients :( ...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    What's a gasser? Oh, that thing I tossed about 4 years ago?
    The Naked Whiz
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Like Leroy, use it just about every day, just haven't lit it since I got my first Egg. -RP
    IMG_0403Small.jpg
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    how much would it cost, approx, to fill a 28 LB tank?
    I do want to get one to supply my burners on my soon-to-be-built outdoor kitchen table.
    ST
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    your question ought to be "how many of you still HAVE gassers?" after that, ask the three that say "i do" whether they use them to cook. because i'd bet 2 of the 3 "use" their gasser to store their accessories

i haven't had a gasser since i got the BGE
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Funny you should ask. My wife said I ought to buy one since we stubbed out a natural gas line for a grill. I thought about it but don't really want to spend the money. My wife aint real handy lightin fires and such, so she wanted something easy to use. Guess she figures she can have burgers ready when I get home from work.
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I gave mine away two weeks after I got the egg. Haven't missed it one little bit.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    My wife calls me an Old Gasser...

But I haven't figured out if that's because I talk so much... or...

... well -- you know...

;)
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I sold my Weber Silver Genesis....

Have three eggs Large, Small & mini.

If my kids are fortunate enough they may never eat a fast food burger (at least not if something happens to me). :silly:
    ~Pharmeggist
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Friday I sold my 5 year old $150 gasser for $100. It was taking up too much room.
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    I'll probably get booed and hissed at, but yeah I still use my gassy from time to time. Sometimes, I like to get dinner on the table quick and without me smelling like smoke. Just one of those fact of life things for a working mom.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I paid 18.00 Thurday eve.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I still use mine. I have a gasser upstairs and one down stairs with the eggs. I use the upstairs gasser about once a month, and I use the downstairs gasser for storing egg stuff. I use my eggs 5 or 6 times to my one time gasser; I never would have thought it!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,748
    Options
    never had one. are they any good.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I never had a gasser. FIL wanted to give us one they bought and then regretted.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    My gasser went to the curb the week I got the BGE. It needed about $300 worth of parts. They are easy, convienent and you can do some nice cooks on them. Especially based on most of meals I've seen posted here. Having said that, I've had my egg for 6 weeks and would never go back to gas.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    I dumped my gasser the week I got my egg. But a year later, my neighbor moved and gave me a gift, his gasser. It sat neglected for a couple of years, maybe getting cooked on twice per year when there was an overload on the egg. Last summer, it went to the curb. Someone took the lid. The rest went in the trash truck.
    Paul