Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for eggcessories

Eggbert 75
Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone, Looking for eggcessories for my large BGE. Only bin cooking for a month and its time to get some other items to cook on and with ....does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for grill extenders etc...i checked out a site with "adjustable Rig with spider" ....does anyone have any other ideas on things that ya should have??

thanks Egg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    The rig and spider is a terrific combo.

tjv makes terrific stuff and it is very versatile. I love mine, and I have the woo2 for the medium and the mini. Quality stuff for sure.
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    I have the Woo2 for my large and love it. You need the plate setter for inderict cooks. Get it from your dealer. I buy my drip pans from Dollar General or your local dollar store. 1" pans are 2 for $1.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    well in this pic i have my cheapest and most expensive eggcesories

2008-05-08005.jpg

the rain cap and the small (i count what it cost me total) but i had a helluva time when i picked up the small
    100_0029-1.jpg

but if you have a platesetter, pizza stone, and a thermepen you can just about do anything. if i knew what you already have i may be able to go into more detail.. i had the extended grate from BGE for several years. it worked pretty good but i wanted something a little more versatile and stable. so i bought a rig recently and it is really good but i think it is more like getting your masters and if you are new you need to work on your b.s. :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grill-Gal
    Grill-Gal Posts: 17
    I think a dutch oven is a must--you have the large which is great, many things fit (I have a small, not much fits.)

A pizza stone (do not buy Pampered Chef--they are not suitable for higher heats so I am told.)

A plate extender (looks like a pizza stone with legs. ) Allows you to cook indirect (roast, bake) without being over the coals directly. Of ALL , I'd say this was the best idea.

A paella pan and a pan for grilling veg, like a wok or grill pan is nice.

I have a small two-level rack extender--you put a half rack over the regular rack and there is a drip pan. This one is too small to really be that useful but on a large, it is more useful.

A remote thermometer or a Thermapen is really good if you intend to do long cooks as for pulled pork shoulder.