Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket in cooler

Options
egguitarist
egguitarist Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi guys. Just finished my second brisket. I have it stored in a cooler as of five minutes ago. My question is how long should I leave it in there?[is overnight too long}. Also what is the best way to reheat it? Cooked some beer can chickens we ate earlier at the same time. They more than met the wife's approval :)

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I wouldn't leave it more than a few hours...the temperature may drop into the danger zone if you'd leave it overnight. However, there have been accounts here on the forum of folks leaving their food foiled/cooler for a really long time.

Don't know about the reheating...I can eat the brisket cold if there isn't too much fat stuck to it :)

Glad to hear that the family approved!
  • egguitarist
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I am gong to do somehting with it before I hit the hay.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    The longest I have held meat -- double HDfoiled, wrapped in old towels and in the cooler -- is four hours... and it was still quite warm.

~ B

:)