Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shiny New Toys

Options
Crüe-B-Cüe
Crüe-B-Cüe Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went home for lunch to find some new toys. I got the adjustable rig, spider, a pair of oval grates and a rig extender. I can't wait to get them dirty.

rig.jpg

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Looks wonderful!! 8 - )
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    I just got an adjustable rig/spider combo for my birthday. Also picked up 20 10 lb. bags or Royal Oak lump at Walmart. Only bad think is that I am going out of town tomorrow for a week. :(

Will probably load it up next weekend.

TC
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Beauty...I'm gettin' about the same rig on Sunday. We'll compare notes.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    You are gonna love it!!! Mine used to be that shiny too. Not any more.Haha.

Hey Wes, I've got some property in Bayou La Batre'. I occaisonally go down to take a look at it. Would you be interested in getting together when I head through there? Are there any other eggers around you?

DSCI0021-4.jpg
  • Dale
    Dale Posts: 41
    Options
    where does one buy this rig?
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    That is what I want for my large. I told my wife that I wanted one and she said "go on and order it for your fathers day present". That is actually why I'm on line now, tryin to figure out where to get it.
  • JimF
    JimF Posts: 80
    Options
    I understand the adjustable rig, spider and oval grates but the extender raises the top grid even higher into the dome? The default setup comes with a round grate, do you still need that or does one of the oval grates replace it?
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    The oval grate fits down inside the rig. You can use a round grate on top, but I got another oval so they would interchange during ribs cooks. I can swap the position of the grates without handling the ribs.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Big'un wrote:
    You are gonna love it!!! Mine used to be that shiny too. Not any more.Haha.

Hey Wes, I've got some property in Bayou La Batre'. I occaisonally go down to take a look at it. Would you be interested in getting together when I head through there? Are there any other eggers around you?

I'm sure there are some others around here. I know there's one close by that posts here. I haven't met any though. I'm still new to egging.
  • Diego
    Diego Posts: 9
    Options
    Looks amazing...I've burned a few items at the fire ring and been trying to figure out a way to cook at different levels. One look at your new rig and it's all come clear.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    hi,
    Long Beach MS here. Would come over for a cook.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Sounds like we got a start! How far are you from there?
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Long Beach is about 70 miles from Mobile. I live off of hwy. 90 about 7 or 8 miles east of Irvington - Bay La Batre Hwy. What we really need to do is get Grate Grills & More to have a Gulf Coast Eggfest. The Gulfport / Biloxi area would be a good location.
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Love your new shiny toy CBC! I've been drooling over one of those for a while. Hoping to get one for fathers day :whistle: When you have time would love to come over and see it(and you) in person. By the way was at walmart on Schillinger this morning and they had a pallet of 10 lb bags of RO lump for $5.27. Mosley's Meats on Airport carries 20 lb bags of RO for $13.99, Primo for $12.99, and Cowboy for $11.99.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    BamaBackdraft wrote:
    Love your new shiny toy CBC! I've been drooling over one of those for a while. Hoping to get one for fathers day :whistle: When you have time would love to come over and see it(and you) in person. By the way was at walmart on Schillinger this morning and they had a pallet of 10 lb bags of RO lump for $5.27. Mosley's Meats on Airport carries 20 lb bags of RO for $13.99, Primo for $12.99, and Cowboy for $11.99.

Tillmans Corner Wal Mart had 1 & 1/2 pallets of RO yesterday. Academy has 20 lb. B & B oak for around 10 bucks. I'm going to try it soon. The reviews aren't that great, but I felt a few bags last night and the pieces felt huge. Just gotta see how it burns. Still want to get tat pizza dough, but the wife put us on weight watchers. :evil:
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    I tried the B&B at Academy and it left alot of ash and seemed to burn up faster. Would only use it if couldn't get nothing else. Having pulled pork BBQ pizza for lunch
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Yeah, that's kind of what I heard. I think I have the wife talked into going to Ed's on the causeway for an early dinner. Fried shrimp and cheese grits...MMMMM.

Let me know when you want to see the rig. I need to order another set of crossbars, and I'll probably get the sliders soon too.
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Just give me a call when you have a minute. I'm working Sunday but can break away at most anytime. 454-3822
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Are we married to the same gal? :laugh:
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    I'll be tied up most of the weekend, but I'll give you a call. Or give me a shout when you get a chance. 490-5693