Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Roast ???

Options
Brian
Brian Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Special occasion - 15 people. Have mortgaged the house and want to purchase and cook a high quality cut of beef. First question: tenderloin roast or prime rib??? Second question how do you suggest that I cook it (large egg). Comments appreciated. Thanks, Brian

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Brian,[p]A few weeks back I did a small eye of round roast, I know most people think this cut of meat is too lean to smoke, but it turned out really tender and tastey.[p]I brined the roast over night in a mixture of 1/4 cup of kosher salt per quart of H2O. You will have to adjust this amount to insure the roast is completly covered. Before I put the roast into the brine I poked a few holes into it to help the brine get into the centre of the roast. The next morning I removed the roast, rinced it off, dried it, covered it lightly with mustard then sprinkled it with black pepper. After I got the roast ready I prepared the BGE. Once it got to temp I added some mesquite, put the roast on indirect over a drip pan. I tried to maintain a temp of 250 to 300.[p]I can't remember how long it took to cook. 2hr per lb. sound good for me. Everyone around here likes there beef well done.[p]You can add any additions to the brine such as garlic, celery, onion or ???.[p]Let us know what you do.[p]Good Cooking
    rays

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Brian, if it were me, I would do the prime rib. They about always turn out great. Check out the link.

[ul][li]Earl's Prime Rib![/ul]