Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Flat Iron Steak junkie

DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This stuff has me hooked.All of the beef flavor of a bone in sirloin steak is in there plus the tenderness of a rib eye without all of the fat that is that cut.Almost as tender as the tenderloin if you do not cook it past medium.I found a small grocer that knew what I was talking about when I asked for a flat iron chuck and told him to cut me up about eight of them.They normally run around a pound and a half.When you ask for this stuff tell the butcher that you love it for hamburger.All I paid was $2.89 per lb.If this stuff gets to climb up the beef chart it will probably be selling for $5.99 lb. You have to try it out. Cook like a flank or skirt steak and see WHAT YOU THINK. Great stuff.

Comments