Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Want the WOW Factor

Capital Egg
Capital Egg Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
:woohoo: I'm 2 months in - the BGE is my new baby -right up there with my Harley & my Gretsch Guitars !!

Having a BBQ Party for the wifes gal pals & thier soon to be spouses - & I want to do something that'll WOW them -

I'm looking for "Knee-buckling" BGE ideas!!!

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Don't over sell the Egg or food, let them do that.
    chicken wings, chicken breast with Dizzy Dust, maybe some grilled artichokes, then some pulled pork and cole slaw.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I would start with scampi on a sizzling platter.

scampi5.jpg

Then steak and twice baked taters.

DSCF0068.jpg

Others will chime in.

Mike
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    thought about you a hour ago when i started the twice baked :side:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Start off with some pig candy or ABTs. Then some ribs, beans, and slaw. Kind of traditional BBQ stuff and low risk cooks that tend to take care of themselves.

101_1853640x480.jpg
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Just keep it simple and let the Egg do the work like some stuffed pork tenderloin
    DSC_9785.jpg
    or some brisket
    DSC_9758.jpg

or blackened halibut and bay scallops
    DSC_9403.jpg
    or quiche, and YES real men do eat quiche

DSC_9251.jpg

so the possabilities are endless.................if worst comes to worst burgers and dogs are a great standby and ALWAYS good on the egg!!!
  • Wasted Words
    Wasted Words Posts: 161
    I'd get a temperature read (i.e., what they can handle) on what the crew can handle first. Nothing like hearing them tell you "it's too smokey or it's too spicy". With that information in hand I'd go with some BBQ chicken on the raised grid. Or AZRP's Chicken. Then bowl them over with some ribs... ;)
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    If you are into fajitas there is nothing like throwing the hunk of flank or skirt steak right on top of a 700 degree pile of lump.I guarantee their jaws will drop and say what the heck did you do?Till they taste it.
  • ChefBrian
    ChefBrian Posts: 172
    I am trying to decide what to cook for dinner and these pictures are killing me!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    if you entertain outside, try paella. it's a bit of a production, but with guests, that's half the fun. have everything ready to go when they get there, then, it's just the cook.

seafood paella
    on_thr_fire.jpg

or beef wellington. this is amazing. a shungload of work though.

05Plated.jpg

you know what i always cook to "wow" people who've not eaten stuff off the egg? a steak.
    get nice NY strips, do your thing, and serve them hot over greens that you have already drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil. the greens'll wilt from the heat and juices during a five minute rest. shave some parm on top, and the tops of their heads will blow off. metaphorically, anyway.

the reason i like to do steaks is 1.) it's easy, and 2.) they will be amwaed, and will keep remarking how it's the best steak they've ever had. and all you did was grill it...
    hahaha

strip.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    I vote for the pulled pork, Keri Hoggs apple baked beans, slaw, abt's, and maybe a spatchcocked chicken for the chicken eaters. I would plan it so you pull the pork when they get there and once the aroma hits after you unwrap and all the juices---OMG.

Took one to wifey's work (she is a L&D RN) a couple of weeks ago and didn't knowwomen could eat like that. Once she started pulling it you could smell it throughout the floor.
  • ChitownBBQ
    ChitownBBQ Posts: 72
    Fatties.

Different sausages, different stuffings - blew the whole neighborhood's mind when I trotted them out.