Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Cat Loup

Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,973
edited 1:43AM in EggHead Forum
This mornings 4AM EST Food Program was a kitchen remodel for a young couple and the hostess was called Cat. During the program the host called her Cat Loup (sp). Any chance Cat from 2000-2001 forum?

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,926
    New York station?
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,973
    Cat Cora is the correct one. Thanks
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: this quote from foodnetwork dot com

"Kitchen Accomplished
    Episode KA1A01
    June 04, 2008 4:00 AM ET/PT

Newlyweds Kitchen
    Newlyweds Heather and Chris may be in love with each other but they're definitely not in love with their 70's style. But Wolfgang Schaber, Cat Cora and Peter Marr promise them a wedding present they'll never forget - a 21st century kitchen! "

Don't know where "Loup" came from (the host was punning by calling her "cat-a-lope"???), but you've seen Ms. Cora on both DIY and Food (Iron Chef America) networks.

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,973
    Loup and lope sounded similiar in my 4:30am stupor.
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,926
    Our Cat is a New York (one of the little tucked away neighborhoods in Manhattan) girl and a very accomplished Egg cook. A very gracious lady and always willing to share her experience.

I know I miss her a lot here on the forum and I'll bet Chris (Nature Boy)does too.

I miss seeing her post once in a while but I know she's busy with life in general and having fun.
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,378
    Cat is a foodie squared. Last time I heard, she was working with a group that educates and guides people who want to open restaurants. She's definitely missed around here, and anyone who has not tried her recipes in the BGE recipe section (the meatloaf and ribs come to mind, but she has others posted) should consider it.

Gotta run. Being called for dinner! Lan's cookin her special wokked tamarind shrimp. Seeya!
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings