Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

covers

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does the large egg cover fit when you have the mates installed ?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Yes. I bought a cover, large egg and eggmates at Waldorf for a friend, and it all fits.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    It is pretty tight though...
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    How does it look on an Egg without Egg Mates? In other words, would it be unattractively oversize?

Thinking of making my own cylindrical one. Can anyone explain to me how the BGE brand vented cover achieves the venting? Thanks.
  • jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    I have the same setup and I think the cover fits too tight. When it is cold out the cover becomes difficult to fit over everything. Mine is splitting at several spots along the bottom of it. It has been suggested on this site that I might try the cover for the extra large.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been told that the "vented" version of the cover for the LBGE is a much better fit for the mates. I have two Large eggs; one with and one without the mates. The un-vented cover fits (and looks just fine) on both, but takes some care to pull down over the one with the mates. Next time ai will try the vented version.