Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcocked and Vertical Roasted smoked chicken salad

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The local supermarket had a buy one chicken, get one free deal so two nights ago I spatchcock cooked one, last night I vertical roasted the other(both direct for about 1 hour 350 degrees until Mr. Polder read 165 degrees) and tonight we had the best chicken salad sandwiches ever.[p]I cubed or string pulled the leftover chicken meat, diced some celery into it, added a handful of chopped walnuts, cut some table grapes in half, and gently folded the mixture with Best mayonaisse or Hellmann's for those of you east of the Mississippi. Served it up on fresh onion buns with a healthy slice of tomato and crispy iceberg lettuce.[p]Try it sometime. I think you'll enjoy it.[p]Paul

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Paul B.,[p]Sounds great! EGGed chicken makes the BEST chicken salad.

• Paul B.,[p]Which chicken do you think came out better...the spatchcocked one or the vertical one?[p]Jeff

• Hi Jeff,[p]Interesting you should ask that question, my wife and I were having the same discussion and we both agreed the vertical roasted chicken came out better. Better in this case meaning smokier tasting and a somewhat juicier. I can't say that would hold true every time, but this time it did. I used a ceramic chicken setter(it's actually a turkey setter) but it'll work for either one.