Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Churrasco Lamb Question

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend I am going to cook some Churrasco. I will not have the services of my BGE. I will however be using lump. I have made Churrasco before on the BGE, but never lamb.

Yesterday, I purchased a small (2.5) pound boneless leg of lamb.
About how long should I plan to cook it and at what final internal temp ?

Thanks for the help,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    You need to say more about the planned cooking method. We know you are not going to use your BGE, but it is not clear if you will lean the lamb over open coals or cook in something like a Webber.

2 1/5 pounds is not all that much. Take care not to over cook.

Internal temp is 135 for rare, so you can go from there.

Let us know how it turns out.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    The easiest thing to do with that leg is to butterfly it; stick slivers of garlic in a lot of little slits; marinate it in olive oil, oregano and lemon juicefor 1-2 days; then grill it about 12-15 inches from the lump, turning every 3-4 minutes until desired doneness. Finally, slice thin and enjoy!
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    Yo Dude !!!

We were exposed to Churrasco in Brazil and it involved many types of meat, chicken, beef, pork. Even chicken hearts were served up on skewers.

Lamb should not be any diffent. To me, skewer the meat in chuncks that you can easily handle via the skewer. Turning over an open pit is the way they do it down there (Brazil). All you need to pay attention to is when to turn and when to stop. Easy, turn before burning, stop when you like it (rare, medium, well done).

I do not mean to be simplistic, but it is really a simple thing the way the Brazlians get it done.

Proturde on

Cajun