Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Greek-style burger

JanetJanet Posts: 102
edited 10:00PM in EggHead Forum
Was experimenting with the hamburger tonight and the following turned out well:[p]My problem - I'm trying to cut back on bread-type things and was looking for a hamburger that could stand alone - without a bun. This did it for me.[p]1-1/2 lb ground beef (I used ground chuck)
2 T ricotta cheese
3 t oregano
2 T lemon juice[p]Mix above, make 8 patties.
On top of one pattie place about 2T crumbled feta cheese
Place second pattie on top and press edges to seal, then press all to a uniform thickness.
With Egg at 350, cook burgers direct for about 8 minutes.
Turn, place a bit of crumbled feta on top, close Egg, keep at about 350 for another 8-10 minutes.[p]I will do this again.[p]Janet

Comments

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    Janet,
    Leave out the lemon juice, and Dr. Atkins would be very happy. Actually, it sounds very good; probably try it this weekend.

• Janet,[p]Ummmmmmmm, sounds tasty. I think I'll try it this Sunday for my daughter's baptism party!!! Thanks![p]lns
  • JanetJanet Posts: 102
    Marvin,
    Had to laugh at your Atkins comment since that diet is what precipitated the recipe! However, I think that lemon juice is "permitted" after the first couple of weeks. [p]As I thought about it, the Egg is a perfect tool for followers of low-carb diets! [p]Janet

lo n' slo,
    I just had a left-over for lunch today and it was perhaps even better than last night. The flavors had become a bit stronger and much better dispersed. Yum![p]Hope you enjoy it![p]Janet[p]

Just to clarify the above recipe:
    The recipe does use both ricotta and feta cheeses.
    The ricotta is mixed with the ground beef and the feta is used as a filling and topping.[p][p]

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    Janet,
    That's what I'm doing with mine.