Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Food & Nature Boy.

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one have info. on the outcome of the egg ccckin and the D. P. from yesterday ? I may have missed his post, but would still like to know the results. Miles out.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Sounds like they may have gotten rained out. -RP
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Just recovering after 12 hours on our feet! Thanks for asking. The day was far more than I ever expected. Not only did we have the opportunity to cook on eggs at the entrance to the store, but the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They seemed as happy to have us as I was to be there....but I bet I had them well beat in the excitement department!

The storms that came through were unbelievable (2 inches of rain in a bit over an hour), but that just gave us a little break in the middle of the day. Dried stuff out and got going on round two. I had great help (you really need 3-4 people to make things go smoothly). Thanks Max, Brett, big and little Kenny, Joel and my family for all the help.

We cooked flat iron steaks, b/s chicken thighs, swordfish and salmon. Kenny says he figures we passed out close to 2000 samples. Lots of questions about the eggs, and several egg owners. Also lots of "oh my god!" comments on the food. An amazing day all around.

Oh yeah, I got to meet, feed and talk to the president of the company who happened to pop in! It was a dream day. Thanks again for asking, and all the support from yall. Here's a few pix:
    WFdizzytrailer.jpg
    WFeggsHatch.jpg
    WFdemoaction.jpg
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Great pics and Congrat's. Looks like it was a success.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Congrats mang! Heard about the rain, glad it didn't hurt your parade. -RP
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Options
    Chis, no mistake that it all turned out so well. Professional people with a great product with the best marketing scheme. Honesty and integrity with a personal touch spells success. You work hard at doing the right things.
    As always great job.
    Doug
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Way to go! Glad to hear it wasn't a rainout. I was wishing you the best from afar (as I'm sure we all were)!!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Looks like an unqualified success, Chris. Getting a sample of your rub into the mouths of people is the hook...I bet you moved a lot of product yesterday, and well you should. Congrats.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i am glad to hear it.... now it wont be long when we get to say i knew him when.....

all the best to you ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Chris,

You da' man!

Sounds like a great day. I hope you know that I was there in spirit (could not make it in person).

Can't wait to see DP stuff in tha Atlanta Whole Food stores. Also, iIf you need someone to help and cook in Atlanta, don't hesitate calling!!

Smokey
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks very much Doug. I kinda figured hard work and spreading good karma would pay off some day, but I really thought an opportunity like this was still a ways off. It's surreal to say the least.

Much appreciate your kind words.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Quite a few bottles went out the door. And you're right. Most of the time people picked the rub they tasted. Thanks much!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks dude. Not sure about all that "knew him when" stuff though! Even the president of Whole Foods was just a regular guy.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks mang,

I'm just happy to see the stuff in this one store. Hopefully some day the other stores will jump in, but the jury is still out bigtime on that one!

No doubt I could use help if I end up traveling around to do demos. Much appreciate the offer!

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks! We would have figured out a way to keep going even if it did keep raining!
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks Pat.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    When I said go get um. You sure did.Great job Chris.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    You've got help here in East Central Fla if you ever need it. Friend became a Primo dealer and I gave him some of you spices, He's thinking of stocking them now. Also told him I'd bring an Egg over for one of his demo's ;) . Just a matter of time before you go hollywood now. B)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    ThumbsUpAward.jpg

Approved.jpg

Congratulations.jpg

SuccessKey.jpg

Good things happen to good people...

Spring "DP Fan" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    it sure was fun putting on my dizzy pig t-shirt and helping out the "master" and selling a little rub :woohoo: :woohoo:

and like chris said, those folks at whole foods, from the store manager on down, were so damn friendly and enthusiastic, it was just incredible!!!. .. really, i've never seen anything like it... .they treated all of us just great .. . . and when they found out that dizzy pig was from their own neighborhood, they treated us even that much better, knowing they were helping a small business from their own community .. . and it was also cool that so many of the customers that we talked to, when they would ask "where are you guys from?" and we'd say, "from right down the street" and they'd respond "oh, a local business, I'll absolutely help support a local business" and they'd grab a bottle or two of rub simply to help support their neighbors, i thought that was pretty cool too ... . neighbors supporting neighbors. .. it still happens!!!
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Congrats on the success - I'd much rather have been there with you than holding the buckets beneath my leaking slate roof on the other side of the river!

But I hope they didn't insist that you cook with the Whole Foods brand lump . . . :)
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    actually, at 10 bucks a bag, we found that the "365" lump was pretty decent stuff. ..and they make some pretty decent fresh squeezed lemonade there as well :cheer:
  • genew
    genew Posts: 40
    Options
    Just wondered where you are located and where was the whole food store demo located. Sounds like it was quite a success!! Congrats!
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thats where it all starts!! 3 years from now we will be saying "I Knew Him When" LOL Great job and hope all the hard work is paying off. But don't forget us little guys.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    My wife practically lives at Whole Foods . . . eats her lunch from the free samples there every day, I think. And she likes it so much that we bought their stock (only to see it tank shortly after.) I've used their 365 brand lump and don't remember it as either good or bad, just "there" and, with the Walmart RO price being half as much, not worth the difference. So, with my wife eating the profits and me not buying their lump, maybe that's why the stock tanked . . . ;)
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    I can help with that also.
  • LoveHandles
    LoveHandles Posts: 156
    Options
    Way to go Chris. You've been talking about getting into Whole Foods for a while now, glad to see you finally made it. See-Yaa