Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple pics

Options
70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a couple people over last nite. Made a pork loin coated with honey mustard and then rubbed. Cooked with hickory for smoke. Other than having to hold it in the oven for my 1/2 hour late guests, it was fantastic! My sides were green beans, fried in evoo & garlic, in a big cast iron skillet, baked potatoes (on the egg) in evoo, garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper, and an eggplant pizza in a cast iron skillet (also on the egg). I cooked the eggplant in evoo, garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper in a cast iron skillet, stretched my dough, placed the eggplant and cheese(s) & threw it on the egg. (seeing a theme yet?) I didn't get a pic of the pork loin, but I did get a pic of the pizza and my egg table I finished up yesterday. I made the egg table out of left over cedar, ceramic tile and a few treated 2x4's. Here are the pics!

P5311134.jpg

P5311140.jpg

Comments

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I like your table are the sides unsupported or are they connected to the deck rail? It is a nice look. Good looking pizza too.
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Options
    Tom - the sides are unsupported. The skirts are glued & screwed together, and then they are lagged through the front & rear to the 2x4's. I also used carriage bolts (you can see the inside of the right shelf) to strengthen also. The back apron is the full length of the table, so it helps with the support also. I've been using a $7 Weber kettle cover, but I can use a regular gas grill cover if I want to cover the egg and the table. I need to get a stainless tool rack for the front, and a grate holder. I also plan on putting a sink and some more counter space in that area. Until I get my wood fired oven/outdoor fireplace completed, I can't start on that project.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    GREAT looking pie and love the table! :)