Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick question re: butts...

Options
GriffinGaDawg
GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long can I keep them in the cooler and still not make a party of 30 sick? :whistle:

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Stick a remote temp probe in one of them and as long as they stay over 145 you should be good. -RP
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I recently read a post on this forum that after 5 or 7 hours they were still around 160 degrees. I think 3 hours in a cooler would be very conservative.
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    I cooked for a wedding last week for about 75 people and i had 4 in a cooler that were there for 8 hours and they were still about 155 when i pulled them. Alot depends on your cooler and how many other butts you have with them. also a good thick towel under them and on top will really help.
  • GriffinGaDawg
    GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
    Options
    in the cooler for a few hours, wrapped in foil, and then put them back on egg at 200-250 in the foil. Figured that was no different than putting them in the oven in foil (no kitchen right now...being renovated). Will pull about 4'ish to take to the party.