Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feet or No Feet?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is a continuation of an earlier question I posted.[p]If I sit my Egg on a large brick (in order to clear the spring hinge from the table opening), do I still need to use the three ceramic feet?
The Egg seems much more stable sitting flat on the brick, but I'm worried about possibly damaging the BGE ceramics.
The feet provided are fine until I open the lid, then the center of gravity of the lid shifts backwards, causing the egg to wobble badly no matter how I position the feet.
Any comments?
Thanks!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Galoot,
    I bummed an extra foot from my dealer and they hold mine just fine. And that's all I have mine sitting on in my table.
    Also, you might want to put something in front of the bottom vent to catch any stray hot coal "shooters" coming out. I simply use a piece of aluminum foil.

• JodyMo
    JodyMo Posts: 46
    Options
    Galoot,
    Mine sits directly on split bricks, on my cart. I am a little nervous when I move it, but I have had no problems. The thought crossed my mind that maybe some of that gasket material glued to the bottom might create a little cushion. I have not tried this, though - just a thought.
    -JodyMo

• Charcoal Mike
    Options
    kiln_shelf.jpg
    <p />Galoot,[p]Mine actually sits on FIVE feet - I had the same problem with just three. In the pic you can see two of them.[p]I bought mine from BGE - they were a buck apiece. I was ordering some other stuff at the time, so shipping wasn't an issue.[p]