Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any one here like college football and tailgating??

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whats you favorite thing to cook on the Egg and take out to the stadium for some good ole tailgating?? I like hot wings,smoked sauage and ribs..Happy Cooking
Scott

Comments

• Roy Fraser
    Roy Fraser Posts: 32
    smokeapig, i am a new owner of a large egg and i am going to buy a small to tailgate with. I was thinking pork tenderloin and baked potoatoes ( me and Dan Quayle never could spell that word). I can hardly wait. Go Blue Raiders, Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro Tn. Watch us this year we play UT, Alabama, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. We are hoping for great things. Pigtail

• Pigtail,
    I look forward to MTSU coming to Jonesboro this year to play my ASU Indians. If you happen to make it well do some tailgating together.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    smokeapig,[p]Smokin' (Boom Boom) Todd and I tailgate for 10 NY Jets games per year plus at least one other miscellaneous NFL game (1 Redskins game last year; planning at least one Skins' game plus maybe a Ravens game this year).[p]We often do wings, sausages, big burgers. I've also enjoyed pork tenderloins, bacon and prosciutto wrapped scallops, shrimp. Some of our friends have done a full freakin' turkey in a turkey frier.[p]As for ribs, we've done them a bunch of times, but lately we try and do them the night before then reheat. I'd love to do them at the stadium, but we often run into time constraints. If we hit the parking lot at 9am, then get the cooker heated by 9:15, that doesn't seem to give us enough time. If we went for 3 hours, we'd be able to eat at 12:15 before a 1pm game. The problem with that is that 12:15 is a little late to be taking food off the grill since we need time to clean up and slam those last several beers before waiting in line to get into the stadium in time for kickoff. Also, even if they were done at 12:15, we could scarf some down. However, that's really only giving us 3 hours, and most ribs I've cooked seem to want to go longer.[p]Do you have any good tried and true abbreviated rib methods? Or should we pre-cook the night before? Or are you in the lot longer than us?[p]J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
    Cornfed

• Cornfed,
    I will do ribs only on days for 6:00 ball games. We usually start about 8:00 in the morning and smoke for 5-6 hours, so we have time to eat and get to the game. On days the games are at 1:00 or 2:00 I will usually do them the night before. Bring on some football and tailgating on the BGE.
    Happy Cooking

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Cornfed,[p]Can you put your egg on a trailer, start the ribs at home and then tow the smokin' cookin' egg to the game? Might be hard to hold low temps with a 65 mile an hour wind?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Cornfed,[p]Are the Jets playing the Iggles this year?[p]CB
  • Cornfed
    char buddy,[p]I dunno of the top of my head. I'll look it up. If they are, you're taking my extra ticket for that game.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Cornfed,[p]Whaddya know? They are playing a preseason game at the Meadowlands:
    Fri., Aug. 30 PHILADELPHIA 7:30 PM [p]Interested in going and tailgating with Smokin' Todd and I?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Actually bought a 30 x 8 foot klose mobile with pullout grill for tailgating. Do ribs, pulled pork, tri-tip, brats,
    salmon, brisket and grilled chicken at tailgaters with a couple of kegs of adult beverages. The majority of our games this year are at 12:30pm. Fire pit up at 4:00am, put ribs on about 5:00am, hungry people start showing up about 10:00am. We have big crowds at half-time also. Never go home with leftovers.[p]First game with Rednecks of Mississippi State on Aug 31st. All bulldogs invited, just leave my leg alone.

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    duck,
    Wife and I shall be there 8/29. Hope to find your tailgate setup(we will reciprocate next year when you come to MSU). I understand that one of our fans who goes by the name of leghumper is coming. He will probably look you up.He,He, Seriously we are looking forward to a great time in your great State and taking in all the sites.[p]Ray Price

• Cornfed,[p]I'm there, baby. [p]CB
  • Pigtail, are you living in Murfreesboro now? I'm from just down the road in Lynchburg.

• Roy Fraser
    Roy Fraser Posts: 32
    CaptTable,
    I do live in Murfreesboro. I love to visit your great town for some fishing on Tims Ford Lake. I have caught some good smallmouth there before. I will be down in Lynchburg to watch the Jack Daniels cookoff this fall. Will you be there? I would like to possibly compete next year. Pigtail

• Will be in large corporate tent on east side of stadium.
    Look for large Klose mobile with green duck fenders. Might have a smaller mobile pit also. 49 days to go, we can hardly stand it. They are working like crazy trying to finish their 90 million dollars remodel to South Side of stadium. Going to be a great party.

• Pigtail, come on down. I've help work it every year. I've either been a table captain or judge each year. You'll have a great time. Out this e-mail address in your computer and contact me prior to the contest and we'll make plans to meet.[p]pbrazier@bellsouth.net

• should have beeen Put, not Out.;^)
  • I've been transporting my small egg to UGA games home and away for years now.[p]It has been a passenger in the back seat of a car, but now has a nice comfy compartment in my motorhome. [p]We like doing pork loin the morning of the game, since you can get the cooking out of the way early and simply reheat the pork when its time to eat. We've done everything from ribs to chicken wings, brats, and the usual burgers.[p]We've also done breakfast on the egg. Sausage patties and biscuits are quite good with the smoky flavor.