Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FINALLY picked up some more stuff LOL

DonDonDonDon Posts: 89
edited 7:11PM in EggHead Forum
Went to Academy Sports today at lunch to kill abit of time and ended up $100 poorer LOL I swear I can't get outta there or Bass Pro for under a $100. Since I have NO HAIR on my hands now, got a 16 inch set of Tongs, plus a round 16 inch cast iron griddle thats a griddle on one side and ridged on the other, alsoo has no handle so it'll fit in my egg without the aid of a hacksaw. Least now I can do blackened fish and now cause the smoke alarm in my house to go off. LOL Also got one of those flexable cutting boardds like A B uses and a acurite brand wireless thermometer. They have ALOT of kewl stuff at Academy Sports. Everything from Lump Charcoal to any kinda utensil you can just about think of.
·

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    A man and his toys.....thanks for the tip!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    He who dies with the most toys wins. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Not sure I buy into that but it sure is fun.
    ·
  • DonDonDonDon Posts: 89
    WELLLLLLL, had to have a few things. Doing a Briskett AND a butt this weekend. We'll vacu-seal enough for seperate meals and take a gas burner and a large pot camping with us. Heat the water up and toss in how huch meat you want and PRESTO, pulled pork or Briskett for sandwiches while out camping. Heading up the the Kiamichi Mountains next weekend with several friends. Think they'll be 30-40 of us camping out next weekend, roaming around and having fun. They told me it's gorgious up there and we can't wait to get there and see
    ·
    I've got ALOT of hobbies and one I have I bet I've spent 5 grand on. Got generation 3 night vision goggles, and all kinds of other stuff for it LOL Bout got to many toys
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,314
    you'll love that griddle and longer tongs.....

blackenedsteak003.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    Man, forgot about doing that. I've been hot tubbing them and redneckorizing my egg to sear them super hot. Man, tell ya what, you stick a leaf blower in the bottom vent until the flames come out the top of the egg and you got it HOT LOL
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    I love blackened fish.

4-5-08004.jpg

HMM Maybe blackened ribeyes, this weekend.
    ·
    Yeh TJV, I'm kinda tired of people asking me about my HAIRLESS HANDS LOL
    ·