Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking at Viva Vienna

Options
ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sunday and Monday I had the honor of demonstrating the Egg for my friend and dealer John from Nicholas Chimney Works at the Viva Vienna festival in downtown Vienna, Virginia.

The town shuts down Church Street (the "shops area") on Sunday and Memorial Day. Local (and not so local) vendors set up booths in the street. The dealership is located on the same street, so they open up the store and set up their booth right across the street.

I had a great time - I met a bunch of folks who were really interested in the Egg and answered a ton of questions. We handed out food samples to a steady stream of passerby, and most wanted to know more about how the food was cooked. I wish I had more pics but it was very busy. One XL and two Larges were sold on the spot, and more folks will be coming back, I'm sure.

Here's about 60 pounds of food from Costco on Saturday, prior to seasoning and storage in ziplock bags for Sunday and Monday cooking. There's flank steak, pork tenderloin, a pork loin that I cut into chops, boneless chicken thighs, and sweet Italian sausage.

IMG_1045.jpg

We showcased the BGE spices and some of those were purchased on the spot. I also used the Yoshida Gourmet Sauce on a couple of the flank steaks and some of the boneless thighs. Everything was seasoned at least 24 hours in advance. Some of the food wasn't cooked until Sunday, so it had an extra day of marination.

IMG_1046.jpg

Here's my setup, right in front of the chimney store:

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Here's their booth, right across the street. Most of the samples were passed out here.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

And I know this is dissapointing, but here are the two pictures I have of food. I was too busy cooking and slicing and stabbing samples with frilly toothpicks to shoot more pics. John took a few, so I'll try to get them and post them later.

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Enjoy!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    dang, wished i'd known about that i would have stopped on by. ...looks like you had a lot of fun. ...good stuff!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that is really neat!!!1 wish we had something like that here :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Very cool Jack. Dang, I should have been paying closer attention, and I could have swung by. 10 minutes from here. Looks like a cool festival and a great job on the cooking.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    Options
    Max and Chris, yours truly could have done a better job of letting the local Eggers know about this. Keep it in mind for next year - he definitely wants to do it again and it would be great to have more hands on deck for cooking and questions!

Just FYI, he's also interested in maybe doing a NoVA mini-fest or something along those lines. I'll be sure to keep you posted on anything that comes up.