Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Membrane on baby backs

belle's dadbelle's dad Posts: 146
edited 5:09AM in EggHead Forum
I have stripped many over the years, but, I have got a slab now, that I cannot strip. Anybody got any suggestions on stripping ribs? Belle's Dad
·

Comments

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    There's a link in the search forums with a good method for membrane removal..I cant find it at the moment, but if you search should be able to find something ;)
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I always just use a butter knife, sliding it down the bone from the outside.

I will say I have had more than one in my life that just would not relax. Good luck!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,604
    I think it was AZRP's butcher's hint which WORKS and I've never varied since then! Merely start in the middle - never an end - and work your finger from one side to the other and then pull up! You'll get the hang of this PERFECT method during your FIRST pull. LOL - OTOH if you found no membrane then maybe, just MAYBE it was already removed!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
    Sorry for the late reply, but I bought two pack this weekend, that already had the membrane removed. Spend a couple of minutes trying to get it started, then realized that is was already removed. Note to self, Prep meat before testing beer.
    ·
  • KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
    Sorry for the late reply, but I bought two pack this weekend, that already had the membrane removed. Spend a couple of minutes trying to get it started, then realized that is was already removed. Note to self, Prep meat before testing beer.
    ·