Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another wonderful, successful cook!

70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up 2 racks of baby backs and 2 2.5# chuck roasts last Friday. I rubbed the roasts with honey mustard and then a mixture of s&p, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and few others I can't remember. I rubbed the ribs with Durkee rib & chicken rub. (I used it exclusively for popcorn before I got my egg) I loaded them all up on the LBGE Saturday morning (10:00 am) with half dozen or so large chunks of mesquite for smoking. Kept the temp between 230-250 all day. The ribs finished up around 5:00. I didn't get my probe thermo in a good place on the ribs, so I pulled it out and "winged" it. They could have been pulled a little earlier, but were still very good! The chuck roasts, my first, were a little peculiar. They got to 160* in about 3 hours, which I thought was pretty fast. Then they dropped back down to 151* and it took about 2 hours to get back to the 160's. Once I pulled the ribs, the roasts were in the 170's, so I pulled them and my drip pan, made some juice and loaded them up in my wifes new Le Crueset dutch oven. They made it to 205 pretty quickly, after the dutch oven heated up. We had some of the ribs for dinner on Saturday nite, and hot beef sandwiches on Sunday. Then I brought all the leftovers and a fresh batch of smoked salsa to friends for our Memorial day celebration. Everyone loved it all. So much so, there were no leftovers of anything. A few more get togethers, and I'm pretty sure my buddy is going to be getting an egg. The thing I like the most about cooking on the egg is that I don't have to babysit. While cooking on Saturday, I trimmed shrubs, layed some brick for my outdoor fireplace, changed the oil in my truck. It's almost too easy. OK, I'm done. Just thought I'd participate in the forum!

Comments