Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
Gator1
Gator1 Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In a few minutes I will head home for lunch and pull off the brisket I started at 2100 last night. The temp this morning was a rock solid 230 so I am very optimistic. I have been inspired this week by all of the recent postings concerning longer cooks (Naked Whiz) and am trying again. My first two attempts were total failures, I think because I cooked too hot, too fast. The air is very still here today and the whole neighborhood smelled like brisket when I left!
Jim

Comments

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    gator1,
    I can barely move after eating so much. The brisket is awesome! The lump left over was every similar to the photo posted earlier this week by The Naked Whiz except that mine burned straight down through the middle leaving a "nest" of lump. 15 hours at 230 on a medium egg produces a 5 pound brisket I cut with a fork! Thanks to all who have posted your experiences, I have definitely benefitted!
    Jim