Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ughhhhhh....

Options
AuburnTiger
AuburnTiger Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My father and I were moving the large egg from out patio to the driveway and while we were very careful and slow, it hit a crack and well it was either egg fall on ground or it land on my leg. There was no way to counterbalance once it tipped.

Obviously pissed and not happy. The bottom part is cracked and into about 3 pieces and alot of little pieces. What is the next step, please tell me they just sell the lower part of the egg cause everything else it totally fine even the firebox....etc.

Cant even believe im asking this as I never thought this would happen as careful and slow we move that thing around on the nest.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    It happens fast, check with your dealer otherwise give the mothership a call tomorrow. Don't worry, they'll take care of you. -RP
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    Options
    You can get a replacement for any part on the egg. I am so sad to hear that this happened. :( :ohmy: Good luck :unsure:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Dude,that sucks :pinch:You can buy any part that you need.That is the most expensive one though.Always pull,never push.I don't know what you were doing,but I roll my XL around on my porch all the time.I am glad to hear that nobody was hurt.Sorry about your loss :(
  • AuburnTiger
    Options
    I was pulling too, just hit a triangle crack that we didnt see on the side and it just turned very awkward.

So just call them up, customer service? Anyone have a clue on price?

The girl im dating now sells the eggs at her store so she can get me a new large for a lot cheaper than that $650 area. Just seeing what route I should take, had to laugh now...get passed that pissed off stage of "did that really just happen".
  • AuburnTiger
    Options
    Just waiting to hear the price of the lower piece. :-/

Sucks is that is was a present 3 months ago from dad and he was there to see it. Now its coming out of my wallet. Just when I was going to put in an order for a medium egg.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I hear ya man,you gotta laugh about it now.If not,you'll drive yourself crazy.I don't know what they sell for,but i'm guessing $200+.This is just a guess.Again,sorry for your loss :(
  • jamiemeyer
    jamiemeyer Posts: 97
    Options
    I hate it when I read that on the forum....

I just did a search, and someone quoted $245 for a large base here on the forum. That price was circa 12/06.

Good luck - we feel your pain.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

Does your girlfriend have a sister? :whistle:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    When you get the repair done you may want to look at something like these. You have to drill out the egg nest but it makes moving them around easier. BTW I dropped my first egg and did let it fall on me but still damaged the bands.

Steve

Picture003.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON