Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Brisket - Quick Question

02Roush2
02Roush2 Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a couple of small (fairly thin) flats on the large BGE this morning. After 2 hrs they are up to 167* at a dome temp of 220-240. These guys are just under 4 lbs each and they were all I could find due to waiting too long to look. My question for you brisket eggsperts is "at what temp would you pull these off and put to resting"? Thanks!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i would wrap them in foil NOW!!! with a little beef broth and pull it at 204... that's what i did last tiome and will do again

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 02Roush2
    Thanks TB. I didn't think about wrapping them in foil. They have been at 167 for the past 1.5 hrs so I assume they are in the plateau. As small as they are I wasn't even sure they would hit a plateau. I am guesing I wrap the foil around the probe as well and leave in it place. Thanks again for the help.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    let me know how they turn out

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 02Roush2
    Not real encouraging! Just took them off after 5.25 hrs at an internal temp of 204*. I'll probably leave them wrapped in foil and towels and in the cooler for close to 4 hrs before unwrapping and consuming....I can only imagine how tough these puppies are probably gonna be!
  • 02Roush2
    Well the briskets turned out much better than I thought they would. Not as good as the first time but definitely good. Thanks for the tips!