Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Membrane on baby backs

belle's dad
belle's dad Posts: 146
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have stripped many over the years, but, I have got a slab now, that I cannot strip. Anybody got any suggestions on stripping ribs? Belle's Dad

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    There's a link in the search forums with a good method for membrane removal..I cant find it at the moment, but if you search should be able to find something ;)
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I always just use a butter knife, sliding it down the bone from the outside.

I will say I have had more than one in my life that just would not relax. Good luck!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I think it was AZRP's butcher's hint which WORKS and I've never varied since then! Merely start in the middle - never an end - and work your finger from one side to the other and then pull up! You'll get the hang of this PERFECT method during your FIRST pull. LOL - OTOH if you found no membrane then maybe, just MAYBE it was already removed!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    Sorry for the late reply, but I bought two pack this weekend, that already had the membrane removed. Spend a couple of minutes trying to get it started, then realized that is was already removed. Note to self, Prep meat before testing beer.
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    Sorry for the late reply, but I bought two pack this weekend, that already had the membrane removed. Spend a couple of minutes trying to get it started, then realized that is was already removed. Note to self, Prep meat before testing beer.