Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn?

Options
WJS
WJS Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm throwing a filet on shortly, and wanted to cook some corn (in husk) at the same time. I was planning on nuking the steak, so I thought I'd do it as follows. Get the BGE going, and while on the way up, put the corn on. I'll stablize it at a reasonable temp for awhile, then pull the corn. Open the vents, sear the meat, then throw the corn back on for the dwell.[p]Any thouhts/suggestions/experiences?[p]Thanks in advance,[p]John

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    WJS,
    I have tried in the husk on the egg before and always wind up burning it. I husk it put it in some foil with butter, salt, pepper any other seasoings you may want, and grill it for several minutes.. hope it works out for you...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • BarbieQ
    BarbieQ Posts: 41
    Options
    WJS,
    Hope this isn't too late--pull the husk back, remove the silk, add butter, then replace the husk. Then soak the ears in cold water for at least a few minutes to keep them from burning during the cook. If you have good fresh corn it will not need more than about 15 minutes on the Egg. It's worked for me--good luck!

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    WJS,
    See the link below. I've cooked it dozens of times using this recipe and it has allways been great. The best corn we've ever had, every time. I usually do not use a rub, just butter.
    B D

[ul][li]Corn on the cob[/ul]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    WJS, The most recent issue of Cooking Light magazine has a grilled corn recipe that is unbelievably good! Unfortunately I left the magazine at the in-law's. I'll post the recipe if my mother-in-law remembers to fax it to me. Or perhaps someone else can..... JCA

• PuppyBreath
    Options
    J Appledog,
    looking ---> FOREWARD!!!
    TIA
    Pup
    looking foreward to Christmas too, so i can do your turkey again!!!

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Options
    J Appledog,
    This the one?[p]Published: Cooking Light-06/19/02
    Grilled Corn with Lime Butter
    Grilling and topping with lime-flavored butter elevates common corn on the cob. You can make the lime butter up to two days ahead and refrigerate. Melt butter before brushing over grilled corn [p]INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
    1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 ears shucked corn
    Cooking spray [p]INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Prepare grill or broiler.
    2. Combine butter, rind, juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
    3. Place corn on grill rack or broiler pan coated with
    cooking spray. Cook 10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove from heat; brush corn with butter mixture. [p]

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Yes, Janet, thank you! We'll be fixing it tonight. JCA