Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Pie Burritos

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cant remember who gave me this idea..it was either RRP or LawnRanger I'm pretty sure... sorry if i dont have that right...but I'm still working on getting these just right..these were indirect at 350 for about 20 mins...but the flavor is worth the effort!!...burritos stuffed with peach pie filling and sprinkled with a mix of sugar, saigon cinnamon, and just a touch of ground cloves..oh yeah..brushed them inside and out with melted butter too ;)
:woohoo:
f625afee.jpg
84ba1e10.jpg

Comments

• RichDTLC
    RichDTLC Posts: 56
    Options
    That looks delicious. I'll have to add that to some of my grilling ideas. The wife loves peaches, so I'm sure she will love these. Top off with some vanilla ice cream, yum!!
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    I thought it was CWM who first posted the idea. We made them last night (apple) for company, they were quite a hit.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks good. Just take packaged flour tortelias and can peach filling to make them?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Very nice...I may try those soon....but I prefer apply pie myself.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Yah JL...burrito size tortillas, sugar/cinnamon mix. I used 10-1 ratio...10 tbs sugar to 1 tsp of cinnamon then added about 1/16 tsp of ground clove...this is a LOT more than I needed, but I keep spare storage bottles and have some made for next time...I used melted butter to brush the inside, then sprinkle heavily with the sugar/cinn mix then the pie filling..dont overfill with filling or they will be too hard to handle..roll em up...brush tops with butter then sprinkle sugar/cinn mix and stick em in the fridge for 30-45 mins to firm up..and I cooked mine right on the cookie sheet for ease of handling...had egg setup platesetter legs down, egg feet and pizza stone with the cookie sheet on top of pizza stone..350-425 dome until crisp..10-20 mins depending on temp..you want it hot enough to carmelize the sugar ;)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Excellent, ET. I'm bookmarking this one. They're a nice way to finish off a cook.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    Close to what we did except we just put a sheet of HDAF on the platesetter & cooked them on it. Just had to turn each once 1/2 way through.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hey Tom, I heard about your "burritos" this afternoon from Chris over in Statham. They sounded awesome!
  • CaptGrumpy
    CaptGrumpy Posts: 58
    Options
    My wife said for me to do this in cherry for her! Looks yummy!