Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fabulous Pork Loin

Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks Ravnhaus!! This was, without question, my best effort yet on the EGG, and I can take NO credit for the outcome. It is all due to the wonderful cooking qualities of the BGE plus the wisdom and knowledge of those of you who are so generous with your experiences on this forum. Today I copied ravnhaus recipe for blackberry pork loin and it was just terrific! My dad has rotisseried pork loins for years on his Weber or his gas grill and never achieved the resultsI got from the BGE! Thanks BGE and all of you who contribute to this forum!

Comments

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Steve-O,[p]I say share recipes and give credit when it is due, but receive all the adulations as you were the chef tonight. I agree with you, pork loin is a great treat right off the egg. [p]Dec

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Steve-O,
    Steve-O,
    I missed the recipe for the loin; please share it.
    Hammer

• Steve-O
    Hammer,
    Here us the URL that will take you to the blackberry stuffed pork loin on ravnhaus' web site. While you are there, look up some of his other offerings - he does a great job of laying things out clearly and his pics are really helpful.[p]http://homepage.mac.com/ravnhaus/4.24.02ploin.html

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Mr.%20Toad
    <p />Steve-O,
    It looks a lot like Mr. Toad's Pork Lion (see link below). The pic is of one I cooked a while back, it was superb.
    B D

[ul][li]Mr. Toad's Pork Lion[/ul]
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Big Daddy,Hey, thanks for the post, you just decided what we are having for dinner tonight....today was going to be a 'no bbq' day but after seeing those pics, it will have to be another time.....today 'IS' bbq day.....I`m off to the fresh meat section of the butcher shop....[p]Mop
    [/b]
  • Steve-O
    Big Daddy,
    Thanks - mine looked about like yours but I also had bacon on top and bottom. I LOVE your cutting board - have seen other pics of it in other posts elsewhere on the forum. Did you make it or purchase it somewhere?

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Steve-O,
    Mine had bacon on top, bottom, sides and both ends.
    I bought the cutting board 10 or 15 years ago.
    B D

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Mop,
    LOL. I know an addict when I see one! [p]Really though, Big Daddy did that Mr. Toad's Loin righteous. That thing is all purtied up. Nice picture...nice work.[p]Enjoy...and beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Steve-O,
    I am having trouble getting on to the site. Please re-send the address again
    Hammer

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Hammer,
    Try Mr. Toads Pork Loin in the recipe section. It is similiar to the one your searching. Use the foundation, adding your favorite jams, fruits and nuts.... It is a wonderful dish.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    I can't really take credit for the stuffed pork loin. It was inspired by Mr. Toad and all that I have learned on this group and others on the infinite new frontier of cyber food space.
    I like to fire up the Egg and photograph the results to share my experience. I have not really been cooking on the Egg for all that long but I have been eating BBQ and trying to replicate what I have enjoyed for quite a while now. The Egg has been my muse and the digital camera my media in the last few months and I hope you all have enjoyed the fusion.
    It is an ancient art that deserves to be appreciated in this fast food reality and I encourage all that accept the challenge.
    May your smoke be sweet and blue and by all means photograph and post the results.[p]

[ul][li]Ravnhaus BBQ[/ul]
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Nature Boy, Hey!, I resemble that remark..LOL[p]All I did was separate the loins, light dusting of rub, ran a pounds worth of bacon down the length including inside, re-tied and cooked at 300 or so to an internal temp of 140º.
    I didn`t add any of the recipe/techniques ingredients and I should have, the next time I will.[p]Although it was a nice dinner, I do think the additions would have made it better..[p]Next time...
    later.
    Mop
    [/b]