Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help....Butts in trouble???

Options
Smokin' Jacket
Smokin' Jacket Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My day has not gone quite as I planned...my 4 Boston butts have been on the egg since about 2:30 this afternoon. I had to breakout a new dome thermometer for the cook and I am not sure it is reading correctly. I calibrated the thermometer in boiling water prior to the cook. I settled the egg at about 250 for about 20 minutes, then I put on about 30 lbs of butt and the dome temperature dropped, as expected to about 100 degrees.

As I mentioned in an earlier post today, I had my daughters high school graduation tonight. When we left for the graduation ceremony at about 4:00 the dome was only about 110.

I got back home at about 11:15 tonight...dome temp read only 150....I put a thermometer in each of the butts....all of them read between 158 & 162.

I have no idea if I have a bad thermometer???or if the dome temp ever reached 250 again??? is theis trash???HELP

Comments