Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Started Eggin' again and......

TomCPA
TomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up my Mini as well today.

At the Waldorf after party, after picking up my Small Egg, to go with my large, I spoke with the Seasonal Reps about getting a mini. Well, two days after Waldorf, I had a week long hospital stint. While I was in the hospital, I called the fine folks at Seasonal and explained my situation. They were kind enough to hold a mini for me at show prices (Thanks, Tim, DAAAA MAYOR and everyone).

The last few days, I finally gathered enough strength to begin eggin'. The T-Bone's never tasted better. A simple hamburger was delicious. I have some big plans this weekend as long as my strength holds.

I did post about my illness over a week ago. No change really other than to say my doctor is treating my illness as if I have MS. While I officially don't have MS, the doctor is aggressive in his approach and since tests have come up positive and negative for MS, he would rather be safe than sorry. I also look at it this whole thing this way: there are people suffering worse than I am.

So I am going to put my Mini together this weekend and have it's inagural cook this weekend as well. Now I have three Eggs. One for each member of the family.

Tom

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    great attitude to have ;)

hope you get better

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Here's to hopin you get feelin better real soon.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    The world would be much better off if everyone had outlook like you!! Glad you are doing better. Just don't push to hard to soon. Prayers are that everything works out and nothing wrong.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Tom, hope you're feeling better, Kim is firing up her new mini for the first time tonight. -RP
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Good to see you posting again Tom and glad to hear you are gaining some strength back.

I love the mini. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Be well,

Kent
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Hope that you're feeling better, man. That steak and hamburger should help out some. Take care!
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Hey Tom,
    Sorry, I didn't realize you had been in the hospital. Take it slow...you'll be back to cooking full time in a jiffy. Take care.

Kim
  • tom,

when you get a chance, drop me an email at max@mitre.org or give me a call at 703-517-3791. . .i have a lot of personal experience with wierd neuro conditions with my wife. . .might be able to help you out a little bit from personal experience. ...

hope you are feeling a little better though. . .

best

max
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Tom,

We have MS at our house. I can tell you, from 12 years' experience, that a positive attitude is essential. Weekly injections of Avonex and daily exercise have resulted in a mostly non-progressive condition. Extreme heat and humidity are not easily avoidable in central Texas, but I would avoid it if possible.

Best wishes to you.

Bevo (Colin in Austin)
  • TomCPA
    TomCPA Posts: 82
    Bevo,

Thanks for the heads up and the advice. It's good to hear from others who know what you go through.

Thanks to all as well for the kind words of support. You are all too kind.

Tom