Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Way to Transport Cooked Ribs

Options
cbs
cbs Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to do ribs to take to a buddy's for a meal. What's the best way to cook them and carry them over warm? Thanks.

Comments

• Judge
    Judge Posts: 35
    Options
    Small cooler Fill some (be careful) plastic coke bottles with almost boiling water wrap ribs in foil and put all in cooler. I have carried meat like this and has kept it nice and warm for quit a while. Just don't make it to long you are getting into that dangerous bacteria temperature.

Have a nice meal
  • Unknown
    Options
    1. Cook'em on the Egg
    2. Eat them, carry over to friend's in your 98.6 degree tummy, smug, satisfied look on your face (and some smears of sauce.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Sauce and slice. 8 oz apple juice in an aluminum pan covered in foil. Oven at 250 if you need to reheat.

Mike
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    To quote the lovable Fat Bastard....I prefer to travel with them "IN MY BELLY!"

Sorry, couldn't resist! :P

cbs wrote:
    I have to do ribs to take to a buddy's for a meal. What's the best way to cook them and carry them over warm? Thanks.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I bought 2 yds of fleece blanket material which I dedicated to the egg food.

I wrap the ribs in foil, then plastic wrap, if a long travel time, then wrap all that inside the fleece blanket.

The ribs held HOT to the touch for 1 1/2 hours. Butt held HOT for 4 hours and could have gone longer.

GG
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Prep them as you prefer to serve them while they are hot within half hour of finishing, pack tightly into foil pans and wrap in foil. Prewarm a quality cooler of sufficient size by filling 1/3 with hot water for a few minutes, slosh it around then dump it out and pack the foil pans into the cooler. Shower up, get dressed and go, the ribs will hold nicely for 3 hours easily, even longer if it is particularly warm outside.

Or you prefer to show off a little bit, wrap the whole racks in foil after they are done smoking, take them to your buddies house and finish them direct on his grill, charcoal preferred, but it's no sin to finish and sauce on a gasser if that's the only thing available.
  • ShortRIb
    ShortRIb Posts: 88
    Options
    IN MY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!