Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having a Memorial day BBQ? What are ya cooking?

Options
HungryNephew
HungryNephew Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having 4 families over (7 kids four and under). Ribs will be the main attraction. ABTs also. I am going to try the dinosaur beans that I saw here last week. Some kind of pineapple pound cake for dessert.

What are Y'all planning?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Saturday - wings and bacon tots for lunch, paella for dinner

Sunday - pork adovado and the next day's butts go on

Monday - 3 butts, hog-apple beans, and ABT for the masses

Gonna be a good weekend. I'll smell like a smoke pit for 72 hours and love every minute of it!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Saturday: Fatty's

Sunday: BB Ribs

Monday: Brisket (starting at 5am)

.........and of course ABT's throughout the weakend to feed my addiction.

Ron
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Sat: Work
    Sun: Work
    Mon: Don't know yet.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Got a wok from TJV and a spider so I will be doing some stir fry one day. Other weekend cooks include

steak, ribs, chubby's kahlua cake, abt's, pork loin, and azrp's frito scoop thing.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Okay....what's a fatty?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'm doing my first pork butts. Going to do one vinegar based and one BBQ based. We'll see. I don't have a remote thermometer so I think I'll have to set my alarm a couple of times...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I will be putting the wife (yes, the wife who.....) on a plane to England. Yes, the cat's away and the mouse is going to play! Charcoal, baby! I've got some catching up to do. So on Monday, I'm probably eating at the airport, lol!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    They are really good and a great way to practice low and slow.
    http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1991/03/sausage-fatties.html
  • LOG
    LOG Posts: 7
    Options
    I've got the Egg packed up in my truck right now. I'm heading to Cape Cod for an extended weekend. I've got 6 full slabs of Babybacks, a couple of pounds of shrimp and a couple pounds of scallops. And a full tank of gas for my Jet Ski. I've been working my ass off, and can not wait to get out of here today to start cooking.
    Hope everybody has a good weekend!
    LOG
  • minimama
    minimama Posts: 24
    Options
    have fun.. it sounds good,have a great weekend
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    All the kids are coming in for a BBQ on Sunday. We will have rib trimmings chile, pulled beef, pulled pork, spare ribs, sweet corn, slaw, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, and ice cream. -RP
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    Friday night ---Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
    Saturday--- Baby backs and sourdough bread
    Sunday----Wings!! and ABTs
    Monday ---- Burgers and dogs with the neighbors

Dayum, as Pete would say, I'm worn out already :laugh:

Have a great weeekend everyone,
    mike
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    I am thinking Ribs for a neighborhood picnic on Sunday.
    RhumAndJerk
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Friday night...pork tenderloin

Saturday.... we will be at the 1st Annual Young Harris BBQ comp watching, smelling & hopefully eating some good Q

Sunday...I will either cook the Alton Brown ( by way of Terry Bente) City Ham with a side of peach bbq beans

or I will find out where Rod (aka Fidel) lives and eat at his house.... :laugh:

Monday delicious slider burgers & beer brats with bacon wrapped tater tots of course....
    and fatties & ABT's all weekend...

also Nutella Quesadillas Sunday night for dessert....
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    It is not looking too promising so far...

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=3&art_id=53221

...but that is just for her. I will be throwing something decent on for myself ;) Although, I am working Sat., Sun., and Monday :angry: so it likely won't be too big of an affair.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    Friday - Shrimp Kebabs

Saturday - Pizza

Sunday - Chicken Thighs

Monday - I'm going to try those standing-on-their-edges-with-wooden-skewers-through-them-baby-backs-on-a-small that Frank in Houma posted last week. It will be my first attempt at ribs on the egg.

--Doug
  • Felix
    Felix Posts: 12
    Options
    I'll be doing my first low-n-slow cook this weekend. We're having just a few people over on Saturday for a butt, ABTs, burgers and hotdogs.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Here are the highlight:

Friday night: fiatas

Saturday night: filets and lobster tails

Sunday brunch: Eggs Benedict & champagne

Sunday night: chicken

Monday night: baby back ribs
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    Now that is one fine looking menu you got there Ron. I'm hopeing you'll share photos of some of that so we can all enjoy your efforts.
    I hope to either smoke a brisket or ribs over the weekend. Really up in the air at this point but I'll be eggin' for sure each day, something, regardless.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    i got a brisket and a butt for sunday, figure ive got some time to get it cooked while i sit on a boat for atleast 36 hours landlock fishing over the weekend. then tell everyone during dinner how hard it was to cook these things. all the work and the time involved on the prep and the fire building and the 14 or so hours babysitting the grill, maybe throw on some beans as well. got a three pound rump steak to throw on for tonight for the me and the dog.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Friday--Off, so don't know yet. 18 holes tomorrow morning. Putting 8lb butt on to take to wifeys work

Saturday--Spatchcocked chicken as requested by son's friend who is visiting for the weekend

Sunday--undecided, more golf

Monday--More chicken, ribs, Keri Hoggs apple baked beans, and TBD

Tuesday--off again, celebrating 21st Wedding Anniversary since we both have to work on Wednesday which is actually our anniversary
  • HuevoLoco
    HuevoLoco Posts: 7
    Options
    Im sure everyone has a different definition for "fatties." My question is what is an "ABT?"