Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking with Multiple Grid levels

Options
Louisiana Redneck
Louisiana Redneck Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good afternoon, Eggers

This must be my day for questions.
Is the placement of foods on different grids important. For instance: Chicken on bottom grid with Corn and potatoes on the top grid or having ribs on top grid while carrots and sweet potatoes on the bottom grid. I want to cook both vegetables and meats at same time with cook time coming out ralatively even.
Any suggestions would help in this matter. I have always cooked these itmes separately and they turn out great. I would just like to cut the cook time some.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Chicken on top with vegys in a pan underneath...awesome...

look for The Chicken recipe on The Naked Whiz website

also maple bacon wrapped tater tots cooked over chicken wings...mmmm good
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Chicken on top with vegys in a pan underneath...awesome...

look for The Chicken recipe on The Naked Whiz website

also maple bacon wrapped tater tots cooked over chicken wings...mmmm good
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    give this a try it is very good a little long but still very good.....

Chicken, Thighs, AZRP, The Chicken

For the last 10 years or so, my daughters boyfriends, and some now husbands, have liked this recipe so much that they dubbed it "The chicken". Last night I combined my new love of cooking veggies in chicken fat with this unusual chicken recipe, thought I'd share.

1 I chopped up some potatoes, poblano pepper, bell pepper, mushrooms, and a sweet onion.
    2 Then added minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, S&P, and parsley. I tossed them together in a disposable lasagna pan.
    3 Next took chicken quarters and tossed them in a ziplock with some flour, they don't need any seasoning.
    4 Set the Egg up with the plate setter legs up, raised grid, and dome temp 350. The chicken parts go on the top shelf with the veggies underneath.
    5 I let that cook for 90 minutes while I gathered up the ingredients for the sauce.
    6 With the sauce very hot, I dipped the chicken in it then set it on a piece of foil. I drizzled a few extra Tbs of the sauce over the piece then wrapped it up tight in the foil. These get wrapped in towels and into a cooler for 30-60 minutes.
    7 The Veggies were outstanding.
    8 And the chicken was, well "The" chicken. -RP

Cooking Tips
    Sauce:
    Juice of 2 lemons, 2 Tbs crushed red pepper, 2 Tbs black pepper, 1 Tbs cayene pepper, 4 Tbs kosher salt, 2 Tbs chile powder, 2 Tbs Louisiana hot sauce, 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbs garlic powder, 2 Tbs dijon mustard, and 1 pint of white vinegar. I whisked that together and brought it to a boil then whisked in 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.

Recipe Source
    Author: AZRP on 2008/03/19

Source: EggHead Forum :

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I do it from time to time, especially now that good sweet corn is coming in. -RP
    IMG_0962Small-1.jpg
    IMG_0818Small.jpg
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    Options
    I get my adjustable rig today, but on my old smokers, I liked to cook Ribs over brisket flats. Pork fat is good,