Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Trimming

TMacTMac Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have only done a couple of sides of ribs on the egg and I have a question on trimming. I like ribs with that are not trimmed at the knuckles, so I didn't trim anything my first time around. I noticed, though, that the meat that resembles a skirt cooked differently than the ribs themselves.

Do the more experienced eggers trim this skirt off?

Thanks,
T. Mac
·

Comments

• here is a site that has several videos on trimming of ribs, hope it helps
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I always remove the skirt flap even if I leave the knuckles attached, which is rare. Trimming off the skirt makes the membrane removal easier as well.

I prefer to cook them trimmed St. Louis style. That way you can cook everything and pull the thinner pieces when done.
    ·
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    thanks for posting the video link. very good demonstration especially for anyone who has never trimmed spares.

isn't the internet a wonderful thing?
    ·